PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just naturally enjoy variety in shapes of pipes. I don't have any one favorite. Billiard, brandy, diplomat, author, pot, poker, cheerywood,

zulu, apple, and so on. So I asked myself, if I could collect and smoke only one shape, what would it be? Variety! But no, only one.

I finally settled on the Dublin, with the billiard running a close second, and every other shape running a very close third.

How about you, if you had to choose only one, what would it be?

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
The hierarchy of pipe shapes according to NKB and sophisticated humans everywhere:
1) Bulldog

1b) Rhodesian

2) Oom Paul

3) Billiard & Co.

4) Everything Else

5) Zulu
Naturally, a pipe collection of only Bulldogs, a pack of Bulldogs as it were, would have the highest possible average pipe rating according to this chart.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
My favorite shape by my favorite maker is the "03" by Peterson. It's a bent apple. I have four of that shape and another on the way, so I would have to say bent apple for mine. Dublins, billiards, and bulldogs all tie for second. Everything else is third, but they all make the podium!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I should preface this to say, only classic English shapes for me. Having said that, its bulldogs first, straight or quarter bent, then straight billiards and chimneys (within reason!), followed by bent Rhodesians.

Status
Not open for further replies.