if the GBP gets down to the euro or a 1-1 USD what would you purchase?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
The GBP and euro have been falling. The euro is at 1 to 1.09 USD and GBP is 1 to 1.44 USD. If the GBP gets down to the euro or 1-1 to the USD what would you purchase? I think I would stock up on Ferndown and buy a few Dunhill 5102 from the UK. If Ashton and Askwith would price in gbp vs USD I might get a few of them, but no matter what the GBP has done they quoted the same in USD.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I wouldn't wait, it would be like when the Canadian dollar was at par waiting for it to get above the US dollar, which it did :) However I think the US dollar is going to hit the ceiling if it already hasn't, and if you look at what happened historically there's only so long until SHTF. So I would buy now.

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
Sable, Finland is a good choice. But you might consider Denmark - probably cheaper because it is much smaller, but it is also very lovely. If you declare yourself king then I imagine your people could get Jess Chonowitsch to present you with a commemorative seven-day set of pipes. The richer you are, the more free stuff you seem to get.
You'd probably need to change your forum name from sablebrush to erminerobe, I guess.
I wouldn't recommend buying France or England, by the way. You'd have to spend a lot of money on renovation before you could move in.

Status
Not open for further replies.