If Kirk Bosi is no Longer Making Pipes as I've Read.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
What a loss to the pipe making community. I picked up a 9 y/o unsmoked Bosi Volcano with Acrylic inlay in the Cumberland Stem with an Abalone dot. What a fantastic smoker and this is considering I did the unmentionable once again and that is trying a blend of my own making which 2 weeks ago was kind of brutal I called it Whoop-ass. Everyone knows that when you serve Whoop-ass a certain sense of satisfaction comes with it and this was no exception, 2 weeks of melding has magically transformed and tamed this blend to delight, just the right amount of bright Virginia spiciness mixed with Latakia, Perique and a dash of cigar leaf gave a satisfying smoke. If anyone has a pipe by Mr. Bosi and has the original bag please post a photo, mine is sadly lacking a bag, thanks in advance.

banjo
9340117450_580f367654.jpg

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
The pipe is beautiful and the grain is great. But, Whoop-ass sound really good.

Dec 24, 2012
I bought a Bosi recently. I posted pics on here within the last few weeks. Mine was unsmoked but also did not come with a pipe sock. Drives me nuts - who buys a pipe - and leaves it unsmoked especially - and doesn't keep the pipe sock. Maybe I'm just anal about my pipe socks, lol.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I read he came down with carpal tunnel, and has decided to quit pipe making as of Dec. 13, 2012 (according to his Google+ profile). A pity.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I've got a Bosi, but it isn't for me, saving it for one of my kids. He has come of age and will be getting it for his high school graduation present.

Status
Not open for further replies.