PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
If I win the powerball tonight, I suppose I would indulge in a few things...
This is the pipe I would have to get: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/castello/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=155429
Make sure you post your favorite pipe so I might gift you (in case I win) LOL
If I don't win, I am strongly considering one of these... anyone try one of the Luciano 30's?
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/luciano/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=186194
and
https://www.smokershaven.com/poul-hansen-estate-pipe-dark-blast-pot/

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Or just buy Dunhill. A few hundred million should swing the deal.
I wasn't fast enough.
But I would settle for buying Lorenzetti...or anything in Germany.. or Italy.
Or the guys that produce Esoterica blends..

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I would say if you could have it made an Amber Root 5108. If not an Amber root 5102 would work.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
former-apple-150x64.jpg

tango: Now, the above Former Apple, a mere $3,490, is what I would pick if you win. So, here's hoping.
And just in case you lose and I win, you'll get that Castello! Maybe several of the Castello 55 series, just to finish off your collection.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Why buy a pipe, with that kind of money you could buy a company and assign somebody to be your own personal carver and craft whatever you might fancy each week but I hear the odds are 29,000,000 to one so maybe picking an alternative is a good idea.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/satou/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=188515
That's the one.
-- Pat

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
If I were going to parlay millions into a hobby business, I think I'd be more apt to buy a wrist watch company... maybe revive Hamilton by buying it back from the Swatch Company. Hire laid off American Labor... Run for Senate, help pass a bill that allows pipe smoking everywhere except in baby's faces... and see, it does always come back to pipes.
But, back to reality. I bought that $162 Luciano Pot - which is what I can afford on my teacher's salary - an early 45th birthday present to me. My lady said "you should pick out a pipe!" she liked this bent egg, but I think I am more of a straight pipe guy.
I grabbed anther new Luciano a few weeks ago as a Christmas present to myself. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship and quality of the NEW Lucianos.

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Good luck to you, I hope you win! I think it would be great fun to buy things for friends out of the blue.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If my ticket came up, I might look for one of those unsmoked Sixten Iverrson originals. I have two Lucianos and think they are excellent pipes beyond their price. I like my pots a little lighter for clenching and have found good ones by Sav. Again, a lot of pipe per buck.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
Since you asked, I've always liked the Tsuge Ikebana pipes, especially those carved by Kikuchi. They are out of the price range I'm willing to pay normally but with 1.5 billion I could probably squeeze it into the budget :D
Tsuge Ikebana

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
A half dozen Petes with silver wind caps. I'd fly to Dublin of course and personally choose and inspect each one. Then on to Connemara for a couple of months with a load of blends. Hold up in the Roundstone House Hotel and break them in walking the bogs and beaches. I might even buy that little cottage with the red door across the bay.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I'd take whatever. I'm not that picky as long as it smokes well. To be honest...if I had won...you'd likely still see me picking up stuff in antique stores.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Badger, while you are still in your right mind, leave this forum and never return. Fill your cob with a drug store tobacco and don't look at any pipe tobacco magazines. You have been warned. PAD and TAD are vicious bedfellows!
PAD - Pipe Acquisition Disorder

TAD - Tobacco Acquisition Disorder

badger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2016
Badger, while you are still in your right mind, leave this forum and never return. Fill your cob with a drug store tobacco and don't look at any pipe tobacco magazines. You have been warned. PAD and TAD are vicious bedfellows!
Haha Hawke, now I can't say that nobody warned me. :)

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
If I were going to parlay millions into a hobby business, I think I'd be more apt to buy a wrist watch company... maybe revive Hamilton by buying it back from the Swatch Company. Hire laid off American Labor... Run for Senate, help pass a bill that allows pipe smoking everywhere except in baby's faces...
+111

Status
Not open for further replies.