PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I always add this site to my favorite's bar on IE 11.

Lately it doesn't work after a day or 2, anyone else or just me? And I have Chrome & all the rest so I know about them also.

thanks in advance. TIA

Happy Holiday's! Merry Christmas & Happy Chanukah.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I have issues with this site on Chrome, but it works fine for me on Safari.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Wouldn't use IE if you paid me.

I only use Mozilla Firefox and it has served me well for many years with no issues whatsoever.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Never had a problem on IE earlier versions, worked on 11, until 2 weeks ago.

Ford is way better than Chevy.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Phil beat me to it, I am a retired computer engineer and would recommend Firefox over IE every time. Firefox won't give you as many spyware problems as IE and is a lot safer. Most viruses and spyware/ adware etc. is targeted at Microsoft and its add ons such as IE so your much safer with Firefox. Also you can just add the shortcut to your desktop and double click it to open PipesMagazine in your default browser. Just right click on your desktop, hover mouse over add then click shortcut and you will have a target and name window each step with a next before your done and click done / finish whatever. In Name type "Pipes Magazine" and in target type "www.pipesmagazine.com" saves time :D

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
IE is a pain in the tuchus. I have a couple of web-based applications that I use for my job that require it, however, so I maintain the copy on my work PC. Version 11, of course, is not supported by either app so I have to stay a version or 2 behind in order to get anything done.
I've switched everything else over to Chrome, which I've found to be less fussy than Firefox.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I've switched everything else over to Chrome, which I've found to be less fussy than Firefox.
Yes Google Chrome is a very basic coded browser. It is very good at avoiding spyware and other nasty bugs. They should release a "knock 'Em dead" bug spray for computers like they have for common household pests. lol

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
IE :rofl:
Yeah, you need something else. You can't go wrong with either Chrome or Mozilla. I use both but I like Mozilla better. It's more stable and more compatible with well known browser add-ons. Especially those related to advanced security. Chrome used to be a lot faster, then only a smidge faster, and now I notice no difference in speed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.