PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverendmike

Lurker
Oct 15, 2009
United States
I've been combing the web trying to identify two Vauen model names for pipes I own. One is a Ball style and the other is Bullcap style. The only markings on the boxes are JU 08 (Ball) and JU 05 (Bullcap.) The number portion is consistent with the model numbers of a Limited Edition Sterling Silver banded line, but the bands do not resemble anything I can find anywhere online. They would have retailed in the $190 US range in 2009.
The band is much more ornate than anything I can find, has the brand name in raised letters along with what appears to be German wording that I can't read. There's also a white dot on the stem, which leads me to believe these are more upscale offerings.
I purchased these in the summer of 2009 for sale in my tobacco shop. I also bought a Monte Carlo and a Bilbo LOTR pipe from the same vendor at the IPCPR Show at the same time, so I'm pretty sure I didn't get a knock-off.
vauenpipe1.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
Couldn't tell you much about it other than I really like it. Might have to put it on the list of pipes to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.