PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
It is tradition for crews to get patches while deployed here, and wear them while flying. I was thinking of getting one with a pipe in the center, a few matches below it, maybe a tin behind it. It would be round, and around the edge it would say, "Pack It, Light It, Sit Back, Contemplate Everything".
If Kevin wouldn't mind I would throw the website on the patch too.
Anyone else have a idea? I am the only piper on my crew so I would like to do something interesting.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I can't speak for Kevin, but you might learn from my experience in the clandestine merchandizing of the PM brand:

it's been a big PITA running from lawyers from Right Click Media, LLC, trying to serve me with papers.

BTW, can I interest anyone in a license plate bracket? They're pretty cheap.

Plate.jpg

Also, I would like to encourage all our members to support this publication's sponsors.

If this site ever goes bust I'm stuck with over two gross of these babies! :rofl:

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
LOL Cortez. I definitely support the sponsors of the site, gotta keep this place up. Where else am I going to read and learn more about pipes and tobacco?
On the original post I think I'm gonna go with the idea I had and put my crew number in there too. Time to get to drawing been a while since I drew anything.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I were designing this patch (just brainstorming here, so pay no attention) I'd go with the default personal

icon (at left, silouette with pipe) and just say, "Pack It, Light It." Simplicity and brevity have a mystery and

mystique that even going so far as to say "contemplate everything" sort of deflates. I'd make the patch either

a circle or maybe shield shaped. Striking colors would be good. Trademark developers (I've heard) like to

get a logo as abstract as possible and then build the association with the activity or product. Hence the magic

of the Mercedes star hood ornament or even the Ford oval.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Cortez is pulling your leg with the license plate holders. Kevin has said, repeatedly, that it's not in his business plans to have pipesmagazine.com merchandise. Yes. There was that ONE, isolated, incident where there was the pm.com meers, but that's it. I guess what I'm saying is: Don't get your hopes up. I'm sure Kevin will chime in soon.
-Jason

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That episode with the meerschaum pipes proves the wisdom of Kevin's overall business plan. On balance it wasn't a good experience.

Fortunately, neither the magazine nor the vast majority of participating members got hurt; but rather, the vendor shot himself in the foot.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Got ya Cortez, hence it wouldn't be a item to sell it would be to wear on my uniform while flying in the military. Since they are not authorized for wear we can only do it while in flight as moral patches. I do like the idea of the default symbol with Pack it Light it on it, still brain storming some ideas myself.
Haven't been around long enough to know about the incident you speak of Jason. Mind filling me on if its ok?

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
The patches are not pro looking that they make here in Qatar. I believe they do them by hand on a sewing machine, last crew I was with had a can on it that said Pooty Juice. The can didn't look anything like a can and each patch was slightly different. They charge 7-10 for each patch that they make also. I wouldn't want to get folks something they may not be happy with. I'll post the patch once I get one done, and see what folks think of it.
At that point I will not have the website on it, I don't want to be on the receiving end of the Kevin beat down for rule violation. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.