PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
You and me both! I do ride in the winter with heated vest and gloves, but I stop as soon as the salt and gravel go down on the roads. Snow season start yet up your way?
Sweet looking bike, BTW. Similar in style to mine.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
LOL! Not me! I just think back on the days when I was a kid, freezing my ass off because the MC was my best option. I walked away from my last crash and have never looked back. 8O

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Just did a nice loop yesterday from Prescott, AZ down through Wickenburg and back.
My bike is officially 20 years old now!! (1993 Vulcan 1500)
Any "DarkSiders" in this bunch??

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
Any "DarkSiders" in this bunch??
I was gonna go to the "Darkside" until I found Dunlop E3.
Can't wait for summer, I hate the sight of the "Star" sitting in the garage.
null_zps07ae7a3c.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
SAWEEEEET bike .... my next ride for sure.
I would take the Venture any day over the other full dressers out there.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
SAWEEEEET bike .... my next ride for sure.
I would take the Venture any day over the other full dressers out there.
thanks cobguy

I love this bike, i will buy another in a heartbeat. We took it a couple years ago on a trip from here (WI) to Virginia Beach, then N Carolina and back through the Smokies on the BRP. 10 day's only 4 hours of rain and only a couple hundred interstate miles.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Always wanted to ride the BRP ... did you do the Tail of the Dragon?
I've heard it's dangerous if you don't have experience but phenomenal for the rest of us!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
The TOG is just too tight to be fun. The Cherohala Parkway is much more fun with those huge sweepers at 80 MPH
The BRP is great because of its 45 MPH speed limit as it forces you to just relax and enjoy the scenery. It is the most beautiful when you get to the end near the Cherokee reservation in Tenn.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I have rode TOD, BRP and the Cherohala and I loved em all. The Dragon for us was a ball, but u gotta be on you toes and no sightseeing. LOL. I can't wait to make another trip down, maybe time to start looking for a retirement place. LOL

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Had an opportunity to move to Asheville, NC and sometimes I kick myself for not doing so! :?
Great pic's hobie ... thanks for sharing!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Cool! Kind of "Cafe" style with risers. I like the "Wing" slip-ons you gave it too!

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
It actually underwent a "cafe" overhaul this fall. 16" apes left and 2" cafe bars added. No updated pics yet.

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah, too cold to be out on the bike here! At least, not without some warm winter gear... Plan for the new year is to pass my full bike test and get something bigger - I'm stuck on a little 125cc at the moment. Still, great fun!

Poor thing needs a wee bit of maintenance done over the winter, and since the photo was taken some scoundrel has pinched the mirrors...

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
It actually underwent a "cafe" overhaul this fall. 16" apes left and 2" cafe bars added.

Now this is a cycle I would like to ride/own! I'd forgotten how good looking the GW was/is without all the bags and doodad's. 8O

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Daveinlax, picture a big old school cafe racer. I needed a big bike as at 6,4" and 270 I look ridiculous on an old triumph.

Joeval, that is a sweet little hooligan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.