Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Ian Walker of Northern Briars. Ian makes the Northern Briar Pipes in his small shop in Stockport England. The business was started by his grandfather, George Walker in 1958. In the "Pipe Parts" segment, Brian will talk about some quite interesting tobacco history from the La Palina cigar family / brand, which relates to radio as well as tobacco.
Ian_Walker.jpg

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I began listening to the podcasts with this episode and am working backwards through earlier broadcasts. Very cool!

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
I have met with Ian several times in the last year. We first met at the British Pipe Show in 2014 and since then I've been along to several pipe club meetings and smoke-offs where he has been the host or in which he has given me a lift to the venue. He and his wife are charming, friendly and charitable. He is extremely knowledgeable about his trade and he works every hour in a day that he can in his business. His boat is lovely and the workshop is tiny. How he can produce his pipes in there is a real miracle as well as a labour of love. It has been a privilege to get to know him. At the moment, I have a commission on order from him, due sometime in December and I cannot wait. I know it will be wonderful.

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
Apologies. Double posting, the second of which I've deleted the text but don't know how to delete the actual post.

Status
Not open for further replies.