PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Before this becomes old news, I wanted to gleefully report that I won first place in the June pipesmagazine cartoon caption contest, the drawing showing the guy kneeling at the feet of his girlfriend, presenting her -- not a ring but a pipe. My line was, "My beloved, will you marry me ...a blend of choice Virginias, select Orientals, Latakia, dark fired burley, with a pinch of Perique, and pack it in this pipe?" I have to admit, I have been submitting captions since I joined Forums. It has become so much fun in itself, like solving a puzzle, that I had somewhat forgotten it is a contest, with a prize. First prize was a Savenelli rusticated Venere straight apple with a gold-toned band, shape 207. Smokingpipes sponsors the prize, along with a Savenelli t-shirt. I was so smitten with the pipe online, I was braced in case they had to ship a different one, but it was just as described. Perfect.
About the photo of my scrawny self, wearing the t-shirt and lighting up my pipe: being the typhoid Mary of things computerized, I haven't been able to coerce the photo onto this thread. If someone would like to PM me, send me their email, so I can send them the jpeg, and post the photo on this thread, that would probably be quicker than attempting to teach this old dog this particular new trick. It's a great pipe, and I thank pipesmagazine and smokingpipes.com. The pipe came in a sock and beautiful box with the print of a Botticelli painting on the front. Very nice.

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
EkY7TON.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
hedonaut, thank you so much for the assist with posting the photo! Who is that old guy? Oops, me.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Way to go mso! You got a very nice Savinelli there! I took second place and got a nice Rossi in about the same shape I believe, but smooth not rusticated. Unfortunately for me the size large t-shirt wouldn't fit my xl size body, so my wife gets to wear it.

Like you said, its fun to enter the contest and after a while I guess we say something that's actually funny! :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Orley, congratulations! What was your caption? It's always fun to hear the different takes on the one cartoon.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Congrats to you both on winning in the caption contest. Enjoy your new pipes too. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.