PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Or maybe I regret not arranging my affairs so I could work at home or a place where I made the smoking rules.
Two things made me think of this...some of you seem to go through mass quantities of tobacco. Many of you mention a thing called all day tobacco.
And then someone posted a photo of himself smoking while working on a piece of jewelry.
Anyway, I tip my hat to you who can work and smoke all at the same time.

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Working at home is great. I've been doing it for so long I couldn't even imagine having to "report to work" in an office. I've got my dog, my pipe, I don't need or want anything else. Everyone has different needs and interests of course but I would wholeheartedly recommend working at home if you can arrange it.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I recently began working in a friends pipe and cigar shop and of course, like his sign says, it's a work free smoking place. At least for the customers that is true but I get to smoke any tobacco or cigar while on duty which is going to really prove beneficial come winter. It'd be very hard for me to even want to smoke outside in a workplace "butt hut" and even if I still did smoke cigs, I doubt I'd feel inclined to go out in the cold for quick smoke. Those poor people sure look miserable.

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
I have to wait for management to go home, so the first few hours of my shift is smoke free. Then I'll have to sonstantly relight and extinguish my pipe as my duties take me in and out of the plant.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
For me, less is more. It might sound goofy but I don't enjoy pipe smoking unless I'm relaxing. The closest I get is smoking in the car on the way to and from.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I started my career 28 years ago. We smoked wherever we pleased. One say, we couldn't smoke in the building. No worries, I spend a bit of time in a car and can smoke there. Enter 2007, no smoking in the car either. It's worse when you can and then they take it away. Retirement is 5 years down the road.
Mike S.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I work from home, running a farm and a consulting business. And I happily smoke my pipe throughout the day. Sometimes I'll have to work at a client's site location, however. And that puts a damper in my pipesmoking. Gone are the days of smoking at an office or other business. But those days will be back again in time.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
To be perfectly honest, I kind of prefer a smoke-free workplace - not everybody smokes pleasantly fragrant pipe tobacco, and I've never been fond of either cigarettes or cigars. I am glad, however, that my workplace features multiple benches with ash disposal units scattered around the building. Plenty of the older engineers still smoke... as does the manager that I report to (I'm a consultant, so I don't work directly for the agency).

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
Today was dead at work. I took a walk across the street this morning to some picnic tables and smoked a bowl of Westminster. The boss was away and I played.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Actually, Phred is right. I wouldn't want to be around cigarette smoke, and the majority of smokers are cigarette smokers. Maybe, I'm as nice as I'll ever be - pipe or no pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.