PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
My wife does not cook and the idea of slaving in the kitchen all day just does not appeal to me this year . So we are going Cru this year . And yes you can smoke your pipe outside . So tell me what you think . http://www.cruawinebar.com/cru-events.htm

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Ordered the complete Bob Evans Feast for $74.99 and feeds 6-8 people. My wife will get home on Wed. Evening and does not deserve to be forced to cook a big meal.....or have to clean it up either

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The way I see it it probably cost less .It is only the two of us this year . The only one missing out is the dog Marrisa .

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
I think you've made a wise choice. I'm the cook at my house. We live in a co-op and I usually end up doing a lot of cooking for the co-op TG and later for the Christmas dinner. One year I bailed and took my sweetie out for Chrizbah. The Chinese folks running it tried hard but did not understand about Christmas fare. It was only so-so BUT, not cooking and missing the monster clean up was still worth it.
TG is well past in Canada but we're already planning for Christmas. I am getting a Bulldog for Chrizbah so I can't afford to bail this year. See what this pipe thang is making me do. :)

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
I usually cook,(with my team), 20 to 30 turkeys and maybe 40 lbs of ribs and half a dz prime ribs...enough to feed around 200 or so people but this year due to a serious back problem i have bowed out. Helga and I will be seated at one of the tables instead of in the kitchen. Feels funny cause this is the first time since 2003 i havn't cooked.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Hey MacNutz, what's Chrisbah? Is that where you yell "Bah! Humbug!" before someone finishes saying "Christmas"? If so, I celebrate that same holiday.
bhpdrew- I just noticed your sig. I think Freud said something similar about Hoplophobia. Jeff Cooper was the MAN!

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Yes, Chrisbah or Chrizbah, puts the Chriz back in Bah Humbug. Sometimes I'm too fond of making up words. Before you know it, it's part of my vocabulary and I forget it isn't in the dictionary. I'm a bit of a Grinch, but unlike a true Grinch, I still larf at myself on a regular basis.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
We'll have about a dozen at our house Thursday. My wife will be doing the cooking, but with lots of assistance from three grown daughters. :) They enjoy it, so I will stay out of the way. Probably have to help keep the dog out of the way, too.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
I will be cooking a 15 lb bird for the four of us. I would offer a plate to anyone in the area that wants to join, but not sure how many are in my neck of western North Carolina.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I'll be cooking something, but not a turkey. What else is very american?

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have my own take on hotdogs, with the sausage baked into the bread. Good idea. :)
Edit: Apparently that is called "Pigs in a blanket"
american_pigs_in_blankets.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.