Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This Wed, 12/12/12, I will be live on The Colin McEnroe Show on NPR Radio for a 1-hour show devoted to pipe smoking. He's in CT, and I will be in-studio in Tampa. The show is 1 pm - 2 pm.
You can stream live at: http://www.wnpr.org
The podcast archive is at: http://www.yourpublicmedia.org/content/channel/colin-mcenroe-show
We are also expecting call-in guests: Jeff Gracik (Pipe Maker), Greg Pease (Master Blender), and Michael Gladis (pipe smoking actor best known by pipe smokers for his role as Paul Kinsey in the first three seasons of AMC Tv's Mad Men.)

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
If you can't smoke in the studio at least dry tumble you clothes beforehand with a few ounces of something manly to mark your territory!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very cool! Is there a theme to the show, like how pipe smoking is making a comeback or some idea like that?

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
LOL @ Zonomo!!! I will be there listening, while I continue to restore my stem on my extremely old pipe (lots of dilligent hand sanding).

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@numbersix

Very cool! Is there a theme to the show, like how pipe smoking is making a comeback or some idea like that?
That will be the start of the conversation. We will also talk about collecting, health, antis, demonization of tobacco, lifestyle aspects.
Those are all the things I suggested and they agreed to. There is a possibility we won't get to it all.
I just did a preshow 1-hour interview with the producer on the phone, and we could have kept going.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I've broadcast this to all the KC club members.
Remember if you can't catch this at the appointed time you can listen to it at the podcast archive.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
This is so great, Kevin!
A word of warning... if the words "Borkum" and "Riff" escape your lips during this national broadcast, I swear to God I'll come to your house and loosen all your doorknobs.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That will be the start of the conversation. We will also talk about collecting, health, antis, demonization of tobacco, lifestyle aspects.
Nice - I will definitely make an attempt to listen in.
if the words "Borkum" and "Riff" escape your lips during this national broadcast, I swear to God I'll come to your house and loosen all your doorknobs.
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.