PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
So I just won my first lot of estate pipes on ebay. I just had surgery on my ankle so I'm off work for the next month or so, and I figured I'd try my hand at some refurb. From the description I got a Strauss, a Darby, a Royal Coachmen #291 and a Harrington Park#127. If it doesn't work out I'm only out about 25 dollars and some time, which I have plenty of. I'm sure I'll have some questions (with pics) to follow.
Wish me luck!
Seth

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Good luck, I'm working on a few now, my first also, & about tp have ankle surgery myself, a week from tomorrow, my first one has turned out pretty good too. Wish ya the best!

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
The link keeps showing as expired. Ill post pics when I receive them.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Awesome! My first fix/refurb was real fun! Great smoker too!! Look forward to seeing them. Sounds like you got them at a good price!!

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I've been refurbing pipes almost as long as I've been smoking a pipe.
Good luck on your venture, just take your time.
To do a good job, with the least elbow grease, you need a couple tools.
1) A good reamer

2) A good buffer
These tools don't even have to be expensive.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Good luck with your recovery!! I know how you feel. I tore my Achilles tendon 8 months ago, I barely have any strenth left in my left leg. I was down and out for a few months, so keep your mind busy and lots of rest! Don't push yourself too hard.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Sorry about the injury and good luck on the refurbishing. It is very addictive haha.

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
I ordered a castleford 5 piece reamer that should be here by the end of the week. Also a few stiched 6 in buffing pads, some rouge, and some wax. I'll probably sweet talk the wife into taking me to Lowe's or Home Depot this week to get me a little bench grinder and some sand paper. Hopefully this will keep me occupied, I'm getting bored shitless already and I've only been home since Thursday.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Seth, sounds like you have it figured out. Like said, go slow till you get the hang of it. And rest that ankle as much as possible so that you can get healed up much quicker.
I know what you mean about being bored. I broke my leg a week ago and got my cast on Thursday. I've been taking it easy on the leg, but will be heading to the shop tomorrow as I have a buddy coming over to do some drilling on some briar.

Status
Not open for further replies.