PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
My wife wants to redo the bathroom. So we’re at Lowes, and after half an hour of looking at vanities, she finally says. “I want this one. Do you like it?” I say. “Yes dear, its fine.” Honestly, I really didn’t give a damn what she bought. I’m happy with just a sink. So I load the 100 lb beast onto the cart, and start pushing it around the store. We needed other items as well.
A few minutes go by, and she says. “UGH! I’m not sure if I like the color. Let’s go back and look at them again.”
Me being the nice hubby, I didn’t complain. I know she’s wanted this new bathroom for years. So I let her have at it. I push the beast back to the vanity section.
After 15 minutes of looking she says.

“This one is nicer isn’t it?”
“Yes dear. It’s nicer.”
I unload one heavy beast, and now load another onto the cart.
I push the beast around the store, and we’re now at the flooring section.
“Do you think this vanity is too dark?” She asks as she points to the beast on the cart.
“No dear. It’s perfect.” I told her.
“Your lying aren’t’ you?
Still keeping my composure, I answered. “No I’m not lying. I like it.”
“I know you don’t like it.” She says.
“I do like it. Really.” Can we just get the flooring please?” I asked.
Now she’s quiet. And when my wife is quiet, it means she’s mad.
“You pick out the flooring you want in the bathroom ok?” I told her.
No answer.
“What’s wrong?”
“I don’t like it when you lie to me.” She says.
“When did I lie?”
“You lied about liking this vanity.”
Now I lose it. Right there in Lowes.
I will not repeat here the words I used while I was screaming. But you can rest assured that I made her, and everyone else in Lowes knows that I wear the pants in my family.
And after replacing the second vanity with a third, we finally returned home,

4 1/2 hours later.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Another one with your wife ... always makes me giggle.

I have to say, you did show who's who in the couple !
Did you actually give her your opinion about that vanity thing or did you simply tell her what you thought she wanted to hear ... "yes dear it's nice" ? :)

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
But you can rest assured that I made her, and everyone else in Lowes knows that I wear the pants in my family.
She is just trying to tell you what pair to put on, don't sweat it, we have all had similar conversations
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-conversation-with-my-girlfriend

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My wife used to ask me if I liked the clothes she picked out for the day.
"Yes that looks good, let's go"
Ten minutes later she comes out wearing something completely different.
"How does this look?" She asks
"I like that too" I say
Fifteen minutes later she comes out wearing something different again
"How does this look?"
Finally I said "you don't give a Damn what I think, so why the Hell do you keep asking me?"
And I walk out of the room
Well she didn't like that response either...
Just can't win...

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
We gutted and redid our master bath this past year. It took about as long as when we had the house built. We had the sense to use an experienced contractor but when it cam time to pick colors for the tile and counters it got crazy. We had never been to a granite and marble yard and just standing there and looking at the thousands of pieces was mind blowing. As per the man guide, I told my wife that anything she picked was fine with me. I'm in that bathroom just long enough to shave and shower so I didn't care. The contractor helped my wife with color combinations and cabinet choices so he bore the brunt of things ( money well spent from my perspective).

$40K and 5 months later she's finally happy with the bathroom. Now I see her looking around the kitchen and a total feeling of dread is descending upon me.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

My wife very rarely asks me to go shopping for anything because I give her anxiety. I hate shopping.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Frank, you just have to lie in a perfect way. When she asks if you like it or not, you shouldn't say 'Yes, I like it'. You should pretend that you are really into it and say 'Hmm, I don't know, that color? What about that one. Oh wait, yeah you are right, the one you chose matches with the interior color. Gosh I wish they had just a little bit lighter one.' Now that is a perfect.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Congrats on your pants... I find they made me feel encumbered and so I stopped wearing them all together.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife and I work together a a team. I make it functional and she makes it beautiful. For example, our last project was painting my son's bedroom. He is moving out soon, hint hint, so he and my wife chose the paint. I was involved in the logistics of blowing insulation into the walls, patching holes, painting, replacing ceiling fan etc.
The next project will be re-doing part of the basement. I am dreading this, because I don't know what I will find, once I start demolition.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
My wife will take 10 minutes picking out a loaf of bread in the same bread aisle she's been going to for 5 years. I reminded her of this the other day.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The thing in the most lucky about is that my wife truly is my best friend. Whenever I say that, no one understands. We have been together for a total of 9 years, and still can't stand to be away from each other. It "helps?" / "sucks" that she works first shift and I work second. We never get to see each other during the week, and can't wait to see each other during the weekend.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
I'm finally dating a normal woman. She doesn't say what she wants, then wonders why I didn't do what she wanted. She blows everything out of proportion, and brings the same things up whenever she gets mad. But she's great in bed and that about makes up for it.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
My wife actually cares what I think and she doesn't mind if I don't care about stuff
I am the luckiest man in the universe.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
GREAT advice from so many. Thanks!
Honestly, my marriage is a good one. I don't want to give the impression that it isn't. I am a fortunate man, and I count my blessings each day.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm finally dating a normal woman. She doesn't say what she wants, then wonders why I didn't do what she wanted. She blows everything out of proportion, and brings the same things up whenever she gets mad. But she's great in bed and that about makes up for it.
Get back to us on this one in about 3 years!

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
@didmauw : I really understand you mate. My wife and I are about the same, we've been together for 5 years, married for 3. We really are very close.
@Frank: I have read your last 2 posts with a smile on my face as it reminds me of my grandparents. Arguing a lot and fighting a lot over somewhat small things, but madly in love with each other. When my grand father passed away, my grand mother didn't stay for long and followed him quickly.
Good luck with the bathroom :wink:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
@Carver: Whenever I get asked to do something, It's immediately followed with " Gotta see what the wife wants to do"
Only separated during work
You and I are lucky guys.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
SWMBO:
O7vgK1W.jpg

Seriously, we are soul mates, differing only in climate preferences, Lima beans, Brussel sprouts, & pipe smoking (which she reluctantly tolerates; outside only & a very cold Colorado winter at hand). She is not too demanding & has become more understanding of my many projects & tasks, though it doesn't stop her from adding to the honey do list.
@didimauw: I too defer to The Boss/Warden before making plans which avoids conflict in our busy schedules & has a side benefit of allowing me to graciously & diplomatically decline invitations or demands of others when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.