PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Brigadier Black Bull Run is no longer available from P&C.
fireshot-screen-capture-044-pipesandcigars_com-myaccount_pipesandcigars_com_mod_favorites_favorites_php-600x118.jpg

Two of my other favorites are on backorder. I'm not whining or bitching; tobacco blends go out of production all the time. I'll still order from P&C, but I'll miss Bull Run after I smoke the pound that I have on hand. I expect the others Brigadier Black blends will be gone quickly, so act in your best interests.

Jan 8, 2013
that's why i didn't see it offered on the site anymore. Man, that's a bummer. I have Alamo, and Gettysburg, and was planning on ordering Waterloo and Bull Run. Guess I'm out of luck.

Aug 1, 2012
I would be surprised if it doesn't come back soon. They advertised the 5-15 tobacco as "only 400 tins" and they sold out within a week or so. About a month later, they are back in stock. It's probably a similar marketing technique to drive up demand.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
This is one blend that I have stocked up on based on reviews only! Have 6 tins on hand, and haven't even tried it yet..Hope I dont like it too much now.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Bull Run was the only blend of that series that I have tried. I really enjoyed it. I gave half to my dad, he really liked it too (and my mom enjoyed the room note, he's now allowed to smoke in the house!) I've ordered 1ea of the other 3. I hope Bull Run comes back like the 5-15 (I ordered 4, kept 2, haven't popped them yet). I've gotten notifications to "stock up!" since there is "limited quantity" on the Brigadier Black blends. Seems like kind of a dirty marketing trick. Why would they pull it from production if it's selling well? If it comes back, I'll be sure to get some more Bull Run, and whatever else I decide I like, if the price is still reasonable. Part of my reason for trying it was how cheap the 8oz tin was.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
The Brigadier Black blends were made by Altadis, according to P&C's catalog. What sort of relations all these businesses have will likely, as Roth says, determine the future, if there is one.
Just a few months ago, Bull Run was my regular smoke, and I would have been devastated by this news. But, as I said above, blends come and go, and I have other favorites. I may occasionally become melancholy in fond remembrance, the eye may mist as I recall pleasant times in that fond embrace, but the upper lip is stiff. I will endure.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Tough break about Bull Run, but I notice Smoking Pipes has some new Altadis bulk blends. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't think 5-15 was all that great.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Omigosh, it IS in stock! Time to pop a tin and lay in another pound! This is a good day.
EDIT: Angler's Dream is back, too. P&C is tall in the saddle! This is a doubleplusgood day!

stevesutera

Lurker
Jul 29, 2013
I also ordered the sampler this morning. Thank you for the suggestion, the Gettysburg is B/O but they are saying they will be back in stock in 2-4 weeks.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Even though they were supposed to be a one-time deal, we were able to arrange with Sutliff to continue making the Brigadier Black tobaccos available to us. We should have them for the forseeable future.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.