PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Using the instructions Al has put up in the sticky, when I right click for the drop down menu, I'm SUPPOSED TO GET, "copy image location", but that option is NOT THERE. Like my title says, I used to do this all the time. I don't want to start using Imgur or any other picture posting/storage service.

I think that is for images that are already online. Hmmm, let me test it...

oos2z.jpg

I think to get a picture form your computer to the post, you do have to use some sort of image server, like imjur or even the photobook option on this website. Duane would be better to help with that, or someone else, since I've never used it.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Stan, which operating system are you using? If you are using Windows, try opening the image in a new tab and copying the url. That would work as well.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Stan, where are the pictures that you are trying to post located? Are they online, in your computer, in the PM gallery?
What device (computer/tablet/phone) are you using?
What operating system are you using?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Using the instructions Al has put up in the sticky, when I right click for the drop down menu, I'm SUPPOSED TO GET, "copy image location", but that option is NOT THERE. Like my title says, I used to do this all the time. I don't want to start using Imgur or any other picture posting/storage service.
Sounds like it could be a limitation of the particular website. Is this across the board? If several sites don't let you get the "copy image location", it's either the browser or operating system.
The safest bet is using this site's album.
This is how to add photos to your post using the site's photo album:
Images tend to be smaller than hosting site's size, but can be full sized if you remove the pixel limitation, (e.g.-600x360)— the numbers and the dash preceding, leaving no spaces, and ending in .jpg
1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and scroll down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image. Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and select "copy image location" (its URL).

5.) Return to your reply window in the thread and click on the IMG button at the top of the compose window.

7.) Paste the image location into the window and click OK. (You can paste over the existing http://)
An example, of a thumbnail named "hms-penzance-1940" followed by -150x100.jpg is the name of the photo in my album, and the the -150x100 limits the size.

hms-penzance-1940-150x100.jpg

If I remove the numbers, it goes to whatever size at which it was uploaded, subject to web sized image limitations.
hms-penzance-1940.jpg

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Thanks guys...this was helpful to me. I've been using www.tinypic.com (which is actually really easy) to host'em for me...but won't have to anymore. :puffy:

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
@ jpmcwjr My friend, I am using this site's album, and I'm trying to post pics that I have posted previously, (months or years ago). I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop that's just a few months old. I don't go to any other sites to try to post a photo. In your item 4. after right clicking on the photo, the menu that drops down has these options: Save picture as / Share picture / Select all / Copy / View source / Inspect element.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
I think you can find the image url by using Inspect Element. If so, you could copy and paste it that way.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm using Windows 10 & Firefox, no issues getting that info from a picture in my PM album

What browser are you using? I suspect it's a browser issue (Chrome?...)
From my album:
chris_asteriou_author_2015_gallery-600x450.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
In your item 4. after right clicking on the photo, the menu that drops down has these options: Save picture as / Share picture / Select all / Copy / View source / Inspect element.
Looks like some d-bag changed terms, so I suspect "share picture" might get you there.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
There was another member complaining about the same problem after getting an update on his Windows 10.
Yeah, that'd be me. I've had the exact same problem mcitinner1. The simple solution for me was just to forget about posting pics.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
https://www.lifewire.com/copy-an-images-web-address-url-in-microsoft-edge-1172129

Status
Not open for further replies.