PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

samgam

Lurker
Oct 5, 2011
So I just started smoking a few days ago, but I felt confident enough to take my pipe with me as I went to class and smoke it outside the building while I was waiting for class to start.

As I was puffing away, one of my classmates came up and said he had been hesitant to bring his pipe to smoke, but now that I had, I made it sort of socially acceptable to smoke pipes instead of just cigarettes!

Maybe I've started (or helped reveal) a trend? One can only hope!

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Good Going...My faith in a younger generation of pipe smokers is growing..Let us all become more visable.Just maybe then folks will think that if so many are smoking pipes it must be ok.Kind of a go with the flow attitude.

samgam

Lurker
Oct 5, 2011
Haha Thanks guys. I'm hoping pipe smoking picks up because none of my friends (or even family members, that I'm aware of) smoke tobacco pipes, and now I want a buddy to smoke with!

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I've found when I'm smoking at a bar (pretty much the only public place I smoke) I usually get at least one person asking about it or commenting on the pleasant aroma.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
good for you samgam. i see so alot of conversations on forums where people seem to be somewhat apprehensive to smoke a pipe in public, and it simply makes no sense to me.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Good for you! I've taken to smoking my pipe on the way to school and while I walk from building to building. I've gotten several comments, all of them pleasant. I even had what most could call a "Gangsta" of sorts ask about it, saying "How my grandpa use to light up one of them sweet ass pipes when I was just a pup." And of course, the ladies always say how they like it (Even when I smoke my stinky English blends.)
I did have one kid, who saw me messing with it while waiting for a teacher "Yo' you goin' get high in class or something Holmes?" I told him no, and that it was a tobacco pipe. He looked so sad.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I think that's really cool... I can still remember just how uncomfortable I was about my young age when I first started smoking a pipe.

samgam

Lurker
Oct 5, 2011
@hobie1dog I had just bought a pack of Prince Albert, so I was trying it out. By now I've smoked about three or four bowls of it and they've all been great.
@Kevin I'll definitely check that out!
@misterrogers I only had a few people around, since I'm currently at a community college, thus only got the one comment. I can't wait to transfer to a bigger college, though, and maybe attract other ladies with the smell and convert 'em to pipe smoking! =D

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
:puffy: :clap:
If you do "turn the head" of a lady, you'll know she's a keeper!
Simon

samgam

Lurker
Oct 5, 2011
@classicgeek haha Indeed!

However, I just did my research and found out my university of choice that I'll be transferring to next fall is smoke free except for a few designated smoking areas and will be COMPLETELY smoke free by 2014... Guess I'll have to start a protest, eh? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.