Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
So, I have about 7oz of MacB's 7 Seas Regular, about 2oz of PS Nougat, and 1oz of 4noggins' Three Blind Moose. I like all three, but I find myself getting tired of the 7 Seas blend since I've had the other two mentioned.
The other night after work I mixed up a bowl's worth of some 7 Seas Reg. and some PS Nougat. It was fantastic to say the least. With the chocolate and vanilla flavors from 7 Seas and all the sweetness from the nougat it made for an awesome smoke that burned cool and dry. I find Mac'B tobacco to be on the wet side and it needs quite a bit of drying to get the flavors and burnability (don't think that's a word lol) I prefer, but the dryness of the nougat seemed to make it burn that much better.
The next morning I mixed some 7 Seas with TBM and had the best morning smoke I've ever had. It was vanilla/chocolate up front and a hint of butterscotch to round it out and it was a perfect match to my turkish coffee. My wife asked if I got some new tobacco because it smelled so good lol.
Now with those two creations stirring my curiosity I decided tonight to mix a little of all three. I smoked a bowl, then proceeded to mix some more and smoked another bowl. It has to be the best aro mixture I've ever tasted!! It tasted like a choclate bar with no peanuts, a little caramel and a little vanilla, and to top it off a nice light tobacco taste.
I thought I would share this experience with everyone so ya'll know that sometimes mixing a couple blends together will give you great results. Just start out in small amounts incase you don't like it that way no harm no foul and no loss in the tobacco dept.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Mixing Aros can produce some pretty good results. A favorite of mine is Scotty's Butternut Burely mixed with Newminster Blackberry Brandy it's such a cool flavorful smoke perfect for summer time. I haven't smoked it since last summer, but I've been thinking about it this week and I need to get some more of both. I have never tried MacBaren 7 Seas but I love MacBaren blends and I've heard it's a great aro. The Three Blind Moose interests me as well, if not by name alone.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
I've begun experimenting with mixing 7 Seas Reg and Eileen's Dream with other non-aro tobaccos, but I've never considered mixing two aros with each other. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Thanks for sharing that. I've got some MacBaren's 7Seas Royal that I don't like very much and a lot of Nougat, so I'll try mixing them.
My favourite aromatic, though, which I think represents the best of the chocolate blends without overstating it, is McClelland's "Tastemaster." I highly recommend it to those who like aromatics but don't want an overpowering, hot-burning, tongue-biting blend but enjoy the rich, mellow taste of chocolate.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for that tip 4dotsasieni! I was looking at that blend, also read quite a few good reviews about it but haven't really thought of ordering any. I didn't like the last twp McC's blends I tried (Oriental Supreme's) just b/c I found them to lack things I liked. The Canadian Box Pass is coming my way soon, so I'll have plenty of new and different treats to try from it and I hope there's some in there to try. I also want to try some more McC's blends just to see if it was the one's I smoked or they just aren't me. Have a good one! :puffy:

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
After listing to your interview, 4dotsasieni, I ordered 2 tins of "Tastemaster" from one of the show's sponsers, Smoking Pipes dot com.
The Big Brown Truck of Happiness will deliver it Monday.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Nice zekest! Let us know what you think of it as I'm thinking of doing the same lol

Status
Not open for further replies.