PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I was approached to join a group that sends free pipes and tobacco to deserving pipers, mostly and I quote, "young bucks that don't have an attitude and ask polite questions". The dude keeps insisting they're "not a secret cabal", which of course is exactly what the Six would say. Methinks he protesteth too much. Obviously I can't name names, because there's the implied threat of making me smoke cherry OTC out of a glass hookah, but they're not who I thought.
They're a group of older guys that get extra pipes and tobacco, were helped a lot when they were starting, and just want to pay it forward. We may have been wrong about the Sinister.
If you're invited to join a 'group' that sends free, basic Comoy's and Dr. Grabows to deserving newbies, and he keeps bringing up they're not a secret cabal, understand who you're dealing with and be polite, lest one of them shows up at your front door with a wide grin, a pound of Cpt. Black Cherry and a couple of glass crack pipes.
Nice job, Six.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Ohh man, I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy! Getting green just thinking about it! I'd rather be waterboarded. Always cool to hear about the generosity of this community. Whoever these mysterious figures may be, I tip my hat and raise my pipe to them.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Like hell moto, I'm not stupid. I do however have a tub of Lane's Cherry, and I have to admit it smells really good, but I'd miss my briars and Englishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.