PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Hi all. New member and new pipe smoker here. Just found this site tonight and I've spent the last couple of hours devouring all the great info.
I picked up my first pipe about two weeks ago - a $7 wood and plastic POS from the local cigarette shop *shudder*. It took all of two smokes to figure out something was seriously wrong. A little research and $30 later, I upgraded to a half-way decent basket pipe with the intent of finding something better along the lines of an estate pipe.
My budget was pretty limited so I spent quite a bit of time scouring the net looking for just the right pipe. Last night I stumbled across this little baby - Boswell Freehand Swirl. I did some spot checking when I first saw the auction to try to determine if this was a good pipe at a good price. But it's only after finding this site and the forums here that I've realized I might have just lucked out and gotten something truly special. And yes, that's my winning bid there :).
Can't wait for it to get here so I can try it :puffy:

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
Congrats on the new pipe fine, I'm sure it will be a great smoker.

And welcome from Michigan

Jul 15, 2011
I think I just got lucky
An estate Boswell, in fairly good condition, for THAT price?!
You not only got lucky, you scored a home run my friend.
I bought two Boswell pipes new, and they smoked so easily from the get go that it almost wasn't fair. For a new smoker this will make a fine experience and you really lucked out with this one. May that pipe bring you many years of enjoyment and many fine smokes.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We were in Boswells last week, that same pipe (less the band) was $125 I believe, so well done! That is the right size and shape by my tastes. Enjoy and welcome! I guarantee that pipe will be a huge upgraade from your current basket pipe.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Welcome to the forum. Incredible score on that Boswell too! There's no going back to "basket pipes" from this point forward as you're about to be spoiled. Enjoy and share your experiences with it.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Kyrie
Welcome to the forum!

As a new smoker you will find enormous amounts of info on all things related to pipes and techniques. Truly an amazing site with great folks to help us go along the journey
Congrats on your Boswell
Allan

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Welcome! I can't get the link to come up, but I know what to expect from Boswell. I started with a Boswell as my first "good" pipe. Now I have quite a few Boswell's, and love them all. Fine pipes and fine people.

B

Aug 14, 2012
You did get lucky. This is the best bunch of guys on the internet. Some good pipe info too, but it is the wonderful, mellow people that make this site what it is. Thanks Kevin.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard!

Great first post!

I can "hear" the enthusiasm in your "voice".
We can't wait to see some photos of your "First".

However; I recommend that you smoke it in a comfortable chair, and not in the back seat of your car. :D

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome and congrats. I've never heard a bad thing about Boswells. Looks like you scored big time.

Jan 8, 2013
One of these days I'm going to wise up and open an account on Ebay so I can find some of these great buys other members here find. Nice looking pipe :) I hope it smokes well for you, and welcome to the forum. A great bunch of guys, and a few ladies, here on this site.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I think I'm going to like my new "home" just fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.