Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Tried Escudo a few times months ago and was not real impressed. In the last few days I have been smoking Peretti London Flake and I love it. I tries Bayou Morning Flake tonight and was equally impressed. I might have to dive back into Escudo. Any suggestions on any other Vapers that maybe up my alley based on what I have smoked in the last few nights? :puffy:

tppytel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2014
Solani 633 and Samuel Gawith St. James Flake are two other benchmark VA/Pers. I like Astley's No.2 also, though it's a touch lighter than the others. Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye is a good, inexpensive bulk option.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
One word: Filmore. Best Va/per on the market, IMO. I smoke it nearly every day and never get tired of it. Although not strictly Va/pers, I also recommend Old Joe Krantz, Haddos Delight, and Exhausted Rooster.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
John Patton's Cool Hand Fluke. (sold by 4noggins.com)
A Virginia/Perique Lover's Lover.
The high Perique content does not translate in the smoke, it is not massively peppery like C&D's Exclusive, for example.
Try you some you should.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
McClellend's St. James Woods is awesome, it's the first VaPer I ever smoked before I even knew what the term VaPer or perique was.
PS Luxury Bullseye flake is great stuff too, it's a bit sweeter because of the black cavendish core but all in all it's a great introduction to VaPers, plus just a good everyday smoke also.
Cool Hand Fluke is good, I have about half a pound and I've found with about 8 months age on it it's starting to settle down, but it's comparable in strength to Bayou Morning I'd say.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I would love to reply to you post, but I can't read it because my eyes can't get off of your icon/sig photo.

Me? all of these suggestions are awesome. I have yet to find a VaPer that I didn't like. But, I have a special love for the McClelland VaPers recently, Top Hat, Acadian Ribbon, Beacon... I could go on and on. I especially love that McClelland sweet & sourness you get from the Virginias. I think the Virginias are the key to whether a VaPer will appeal to you. If you love the VA from a blender, then you will most likely appreciate their VaPer selections as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.