PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
Recently I was checking my jarred tobaccos and found an unlabeled jar that had been there for a while.

I remember it was something that I was not impressed with and and I added a good sized pinch of Habana Daydream to see if it would improve its flavor after a few days. I just cant remember what the main tobacco was.

Well, My best guess is that it has been there for a couple of years now. The flavor was definitely improved. In fact it is really good now.

I have around 3oz of it and wish I had labeled it. :?:

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Lawmax, I would've expected you to be more conscious of such things. Do you not have paralawmax to take care of these things for you? :wink:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hoo-boy! Rough crowd here! :rofl:
My advice would be to buy a tin of every blend that you know you don't like. Then add the Habana, age it, and check for similarity.

But this time, take notes and make labels. :lol:

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Dump it now!! No sense in getting attached to a blend you can never smoke again... Or send it to me and I'll run some really scientific tests...
You can't imagine the number of times I've done something similar, I just haven't been jarring tobacco long enough for it to happen with a blend. A million times I have skipped labelling thinking that there was no way I would forget...

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Look, many, if not most, of us have jars that we toss leftovers in. I have one jar that must have 40 different blends in it. I call it "Toaster Leavins'". It's become an interesting amalgam that will never be duplicated but once in a while I dip into it. It's always interesting.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I did the same thing when first started cellaring. I have 9 mystery jars. I now double label everything with dates/names and a red dot for blends to be aged. I've put the cellaring into overdrive this past year. I've already bought 2lbs this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.