Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I post too much. I hope members enjoy my offerings, but I post too much by my own accounting. Let me read more and post decidedly less. When I have something to say and not just as a habit, and maybe sometimes a bad habit. I don't plan to disappear -- no such luck, guys. But a little more of you and a little less of me would be a good thing for us all. Now let's see if I can live up to my proposal. mso489

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Keep them coming MSO. You keep many threads alive and kicking.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Keep it up, MSO. We new smokers enjoy reading your posts, whether they be about pipe smoking techniques, brands, tobaccos, or the occasional thoughts that make you go "Hrrrmmmm". You always provide excellent feedback, thoughts, and useful information. Whether you know it or not, or whether or not someone responds, lots of folks I'm sure, enjoy getting little tid bits from you. Some lurkers might be getting very useful knowledge without ever feeling the need to respond or feeling too awkward or whatever to actually post a response. It's all good stuff, and without guys like you out there with all the knowledge and years spent with the pipe that many of us don't have, it's always fun to read what you have to say.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Stay gold pony boy.
Don't you dare stop.
Keep em coming. Love your posts.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks guys for the affirmation. Maybe I could keep it to no more than two posts per thread, and maybe wait until my posts are at least a day old before going again. It's like the folks who talk too much at a party. They may have something interesting to say now and then, but they could listen a little too.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I enjoy and appreciate your posts. Like carolinachurchwarden stated, we beginners learn a lot from you experienced folks.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Post or we'll hang ya from the highest yard arm, ya scurvy lout!!!! :nana: :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
jiminks, you are all business and always do homework first, and couldn't post too much. But here I go again.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nonsense! I doubt anyone ever started a thread thinking 'boy I sure hope that mso489 guy doesn't chime in'.
When I started posting here, you really helped shepherd me into proper packing and breathing techniques. I'm sure a lot of newer users can say the same.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Hell, I only logged in to say, “Keep up the good work.”
Keep up the good work.
:D
(Back to lurking ...) :puffy:

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I always enjoy seeing your posts, in my short time posting here. I haven't found them to be excessive. Of course reading all the posts on a thread before commenting seems prudent.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
MSO, your forum personality is a very welcoming one. The fact that an old-timer like yourself chimes in on newbie threads is very generous and much more valuable than the welcome we all write to new members. And remember, if someone for some reason doesn't want to read your posts, they have the liberty not to. Most of us like them, I think.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Tom, I always enjoy reading your posts, especially when you personalize and add a bit of your history into the "welcome to the forum" threads.
I agree with workman...If someone doesn't want to read it, they don't have to.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
When I was a long time lurker, I always took notice of your posts - still do. You have a very calm, helpful style that I think a lot of lurkers appreciate. Keep it up!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
You have a very calm, helpful style that I think a lot of lurkers appreciate. Keep it up!
This^^^ and not just for lurkers. I enjoy your post quite a bit. It's not just the content but also the manner in which you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.