Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
So my local Tobacconist here in Okayama, JP has a Dunhill Titanic and they gave me the pleasure of viewing it. I told them there was no way I would ever been able to buy it but they didn't mind showing it off. There are only 100 of these pipes with this particular finish in the world and only 6 in Japan. More info on the pipe at this link. http://www.smoke.co.uk/acatalog/Dunhill_Titanic_Pipes.html
The box was absolutely huge. It even came with certified Dunhill white gloves to handle it. :rofl:

The pipe itself. I personally thought it was underwhelming but... hey to each his own.

The tamper has a piece of wood from the Titanic in it.

All yours for only ¥500,000 or $5000. Take your pick.

Like I said, I wasn't really impressed by it but it was still a really cool experience and I met the person who might buy it as well.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This might make an interesting pairing...

003-197-0001.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
First off - very cool post! Thanks for sharing it.
Secondly - what an odd thing to commemorate a pipe with! And the "piece of the titanic" in the tamper is (at least to me) kinda cheesy. All in all, no thanks Dunhill (erm, I mean "White Spot").

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Very cool packaging, and an agreeably underwhelming pipe. "It can be all yours for the low price of $5,000!" Pass.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Cool post and it's pretty sweet you got to see that in person as they are so rare. That said, i can think of about 5,000 other things i'd rather buy with 5,000 dollars, lol.

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I think the whole Titanic thing is pretty cheesy as well. Not sure why they would want to commemorate a disaster like that but... someones buying them I guess!

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I think the Titanic is the perfect metaphor for "The White Spot" and the direction of the company.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I never knew this pipe existed so thanks for posting. I think it is incredible bad taste for Dunhill to celebrate a disaster where so many people lost their lives. How can people want to own something like that? I think who ever came up with this should have to write an apology letter to any remaining relatives of the people who died on that ship. Shame on you Dunhill.

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I thought the same thing cigrmaster. You can't see it in the photo but when you open up the box on the top part there is a map of where it sank. Just a strange concept to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.