I returned from Europe with a couple goodies....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I returned from Europe with a couple goodies....
I was in a nice artisan shop off the famous st mark's square in Venice... they sold leather goods like wallets, purses etc... I saw a nice Pipe Display made of leather... there were three pipes on the display... Two dublins and nice little pot or prince with silver - I did not have my reading glasses to see the brand name... , but I could tell the pipes were pretty good quality. I asked the lady about them and she said they were just part of the display - but they had been around a long time and if I wanted them, I could have them for 25/euros each. Not knowing what they were, but knowing I like the fit and finish of them, I grabbed the one wth the silver ring.... The lady told me the pipe was made in Italy and that the silver was real. When I got back to the hotel, I was able to read that the pipe was a nice Gasparini... Here's a pic... and she's a nice smoker too... I love the 25 euro prcetage... (about $28)
][/url]
When I arrived in Dusseldorf, my best friend took me to their "best" smoke shop... it was everything I was hoping it would be... second/third generation family run shop... GIGANTIC selection and variety of pipes and tobaccos... I wanted a German pipe - and had several Design Berlin and Vauen's in my hand... but I ended up with this nice Butz-Choquin for under fifty bucks... I also grabbed a tin of one of their signature mixes... with Perique... here's a nice pic...:

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Sadly I could not make it to the pipe shops in Paris... too much to do and a happy wife was the most important thing.... but the shop in Dusseldorf... Linzbach's was willy wonka for me... Dusseldorf is slowly becoming a mini-Berlin... highly international and being flooded with money... the 6th highest standard of living in the world for cities... this pipe shop carries pipes for the rich and budget conscious... I am estimating 50-75 different brands... classic/modern/vintage.
...and hey, if you are in venice... two nice $25 Gasparini Dublins are sitting unnoticed on the bottom shelf of a leather/artisan shop... next door to the Rolex and IWC shops on the grand canal side of the square...

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
When my parents went to Florence they picked me up a pipe...a Gasparini. Smokes nice, has a fill or two and takes a filter. Glad you had fun and got something to remember the trip by.

Status
Not open for further replies.