PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
A member on this Forum was kind enough to send me a sample of 1Q, about 4-5 bowls worth. I tried a bit of it in a very small, approx. 4 inch long Butz Choquin, and it was pretty darn good. Smooth and silky, dispite the short pipe there was no heat drawn into the mouth. I do believe I am going to like this baccy even tho the nic seems non-existent. If I want a bit of nic, I reckon I can just add a pinch of Penz. or 1792 Flake. I will know more after having another bowl after work tonite. I work Hospital Security now, as a semi-retirement kind of thing, approx 4-5 hours each evening. So, at 9:30 pm tonight, I shall be loading my Cha-Cha TV Pipe with this 1Q, and sit back and slowly sip, while watching The Voice on Television and having a cup of Maxwell House.
003-7.jpg

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
Man, I want to try that stuff bad... I think it's right up my alley,
Does it have great flavor or just nice room notes?

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
very nice, and by the way, thanks for sticking up for the new guy (me) earlier on the other thread with all my questions.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
There's a reason Lane 1-Q has such a big following. It will likely be the center piece of my next baccy order. I try to keep 5lb around and it is quite inexpensive from P&C.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I think I have like a half pound right now. It's pretty much an all day smoke. I don't really compare it to CBW though. I cannot stand CB, it just leaves this nasty blah film on the roof of my mouth. 1Q is the just the best.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I know CBW contains some Propylene Glycol which is a common humectant to increase shelf life. 1-Q may have a little bit, but not as much as far as I can tell. It certainly smokes drier and doesn't goop the bowl.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Yea my bowl always stays dry with 1Q. Maybe that chemical is what I'm tasting with CB. I guess I'm just a hater with that stuff.

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
1Q is the just the best.
Lol if I hear this one more time, I might consider selling an organ to buy some today..
I am broke till friday lol

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I still have 1lb of 1Q from my last order of 5lbs and I just ordered 5 more lbs Monday.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Keep the questions coming. And not a kidney, it only runs about $2.50 an ounce or so. Im lucky enough to have a B&M close by that sells it for $2.49 an ounce

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I spent today begging my online regular shop to get 1Q in stock. He just can't get it :( Not available in the UK he said :(
He keeps pointing me in the direction of Kendal American Delite by Gawith Hoggarth as it is supposed to be as close to 1Q as i can get.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
This is not going to be the popular response here but I tried 1Q for the first time the other day after, receiving a sample from the Richmond pipe show, and was very excited to try it since it is so popular. I found I didn't care for it all that much. It was good but had a slight chemical taste to it which stuck around after my smoke. Ironically I like CBW and doesn't seem to get that taste despite the obvious comparative goopiness of CBW. I'm going to give it a couple more goes before I throw in the towel but I guess that's why they sell a ton of both, everyone has different tastes.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
You guys talked me into smoking a bowl of the stuff. Good stuff, very slight chem aftertaste. A good smoke overall. Not quite worth a kidney tho.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
It's pretty one dimensional. Good room note but the taste was pretty uneventful for me.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
I'm known to enjoy a fine aromatic so I purchased 4oz of this with my recent order. Very excited to try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.