PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Having decided it would be much more fun to post with photos on this forum, I have a question.

I only have an I-pad, I have tried to no avail to post photos before. Is it possible? If it is, I would love to find out how. Many thanks in advance of any reply/info.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Download photobucket. Upload photos to photobucket and then use the link to that photo and post it in a thread, the HTML version of the link.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
What N8 said, or try and find the answer hear...
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/picture-posting-help#post-751534

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
This is not a criticism, but rather a question for the Apple users on here. Why is it that I cannot just touch the screen under my written text and have the (load image) icon show up? I get (select, select all, paste) but I have tried to copy and paste a photo onto a thread before and it didn't work. As I use my iPad 100% of the time I'm on here and the Internet period, I am simply curious as to the why of this, again I'm not trying to start shit.
P.S. Also for the Apple users, why is it that my emojis don't show up?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
This is not a criticism, but rather a question for the Apple users on here. Why is it that I cannot just touch the screen under my written text and have the (load image) icon show up? I get (select, select all, paste) but I have tried to copy and paste a photo onto a thread before and it didn't work. As I use my iPad 100% of the time I'm on here and the Internet period, I am simply curious as to the why of this, again I'm not trying to start shit.
P.S. Also for the Apple users, why is it that my emojis don't show up?
In order to post a photo in a forum, first you need to place it on a device which is connected to the internet 24 hours/365 days. Those devices are called servers (imgur, photobucket, pipesmagazine album, etc.). After placing your picture in a public server you will need to obtain a path to the picture so you can provide others with this path (so they can go and see the picture). This path is called a link. Once you have the link, you come to the forum, click on image button, paste the link and click ok. By doing this, you simply tell that you are going to post (embed) image and forum sees it that way. If everything is correct then your photo will be exhibited. What you are trying to do is directly posting a photo from your device and forum won't support it. To share a photo with someone you either have to send it to him (via email, message, messenger, etc.) or you have to place it on a server (free public servers, facebook, instagram, etc.) and provide the path to it. Regarding the emojis, probably forum doesn't support them, that is why it has its own smileys.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
And here is how to easily obtain the link!
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Dropbox, etc.), select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) and choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address) into the box that pops up under IMG in the compose reply window of the thread in which you want the photo to show.
I don't know how to do it with an iPad, though.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have successfully sent images in PMs using the

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Something I've noticed that the instructions are missing, is that when the IMG key is selected, a prompt comes up to paste the image location in, and has a "http://". The "http://" should be deleted before pasting the image location.
Edit-Ted beat me to it. :mrgreen:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Thank you jvnshr for your thorough explanation.
You are welcome.
I don't know how to do it with an iPad, though.
When you hold your finger over a picture for a second on an iPad "copy" will show up. Simply press it and then paste the link to the IMG tab. You are good to go.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
But that won't work for images that reside on your iPad, will it?
It won't. If you read my previous post you will realize why. Copy pasted it here again:
In order to post a photo in a forum, first you need to place it on a device which is connected to the internet 24 hours/365 days. Those devices are called servers (imgur, photobucket, pipesmagazine album, etc.). After placing your picture in a public server you will need to obtain a path to the picture so you can provide others with this path (so they can go and see the picture). This path is called a link. Once you have the link, you come to the forum, click on image button, paste the link and click ok. By doing this, you simply tell that you are going to post (embed) image and forum sees it that way. If everything is correct then your photo will be exhibited. What you are trying to do is directly posting a photo from your device and forum won't support it. To share a photo with someone you either have to send it to him (via email, message, messenger, etc.) or you have to place it on a server (free public servers, facebook, instagram, etc.) and provide the path to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.