PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
All reworked estates except the far left. I plan for #6 to be a Sav 320......
tumblr_nk7dvsggYJ1s72xabo1_540.jpg

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Nice work, good looking collection.
Are those pipe stands made out of leather? The top of second from left looks like it has a leather grain look.

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
Those pipe stands are made from leather. Took a couple of old belts and cut into appropriate lengths. Drilled a hole and attached a "binder post" from a hardware store....similar to what holds a scrap book together. After that, cut an angle on the top so the pipe would fit properly.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I remember those days being at a 5 pipe rotation. Seems so long ago ... I think it was last year. PAD
I love the what looks like a poker up front ... All are real nice though!!!
Nice Job

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
A great idea for a pipe stand!...nice group of estates too! I agree that you oughta get some cobs. I just can't imagine a pipe smoker not having one in his or her daily rotation.

Of course, that assumes one smokes a daily rotation of multiple bowls.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All the pipes you'll ever need. Probably not all the pipes you'll ever want! A few cobs from Missouri Meerschaum,

from Old Dominion, and maybe a Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog, and you're set for the duration (saving for a commissioned

pipe or two, that is).

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Real nice 5 day rotation you have going and I really like the leather pipe rests too. Well done! :puffy:

mojoe

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2015
Kansas City
Ahhh.....I do have a Country Gentlemen, but it's at the GF's house. As for the leather stands, I must admit, I "borrowed" the general idea after performing a google search.....changed things just enough to make them a little different though. Unfortunately for my wallet, I'm a "tinkerer".....I have a bad habit of seeing something online and then saying "I can do that"....sometimes it works well, sometimes not :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.