PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxpipesmoker

Lurker
Apr 6, 2011
Wife is really complaining about the smell of the pipe tobacco (yet her mother's cigarette smell doesn't seem to bother her...Can you believe it??? :crazy:)I need a GREAT smelling Vanilla type tobacco that will get me back into the house.

I really don't care about taste for now. Just need to something that smells like a Yankee Vanilla Candle, or close enough.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I dunno much about vanilla pipe tobacco, but I can tell you that W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture and Lane 1Q are 2 tobaccos that I getbnothing but compliments about while smoking. I get the same results from Captain Black white or gold, and Amphora in the red package seems to a big hit already even though I have just started smoking it...everyone in my office seems to dig it. How can anyone bitch about the smell of high quality pipe tobacco versus a stinky ass cigarette. My girlfriend loves the smell of anything I smoke. In fact, she is now feeling silly for smoking cigarettes. I am easing her into pipe smoking and slowly but surely she is dropping the cigs.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Connoisseur's Choice from Peterson is an aromatic with a casing of tropical fruit, rum, and vanilla. The most pronounced casings to me is the tropical fruit and rum, but the vanilla comes through a bit here and there throughout the bowl. It's a heavenly taste and my fiance loves the smell of it when I smoke it. As far as vanilla's go I've heard Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream and Vanilla Cream Flake are pretty good and mostly receive pleasant-very pleasant room note reviews. Hope that helps at all.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I second the W. Ö. Larsen Signature, it's got a splendid room note. Their 2011 is also good but is a bit darker, I guess is the only way I can describe it. They have the best room notes I've had so far, though I've only smoked 7 or 8 aromatics in my time.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
CAO Bella Vanilla - 4*s

CAO Moontrance - fruit + vanilla - 3.5*

CAO Eileen's Dream - White Chocolate + Vanilla - 3.5*

Altadis Vanilla Royale - 3*
Wonderful room note on all, Bella Vanilla is closest to the "Yankee Candle". I hear good things about PS Vanilla Cream and Macbaren Vanilla as well.

jaxpipesmoker

Lurker
Apr 6, 2011
Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I will try a couple of the suggestions above and let you know how it works out.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
1Q really is one of the easiest smoking and pleasant smelling tobaccos out there. I just love strolling down along the harbour with a bowl on the go. I had one old lady come up to me and kiddingly ask me to come smoke in her car for a bit so she could smell that for a while longer.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I second the W. Ö. Larsen Signature, it's got a splendid room note. Their 2011 is also good but is a bit darker, I guess is the only way I can describe it
Right on nemrod. Those go over well in my cigarette dominated household.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
You've already received several good suggestions, but let me add a couple.
Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream (Flake or Loose Cut) and one I just discovered myself 4noggins Double Fantasy, which IMO is very nice. :puffy:
Here is how they describe the blend...
A blend of Black Cavendish and Burley that reminds one of a pleasant, mild cup of Mocha Java. The room note will immediately draw the opposite sex to you!!!
Now I can’t speak to the drawing of the opposite sex… :laughat: I can attract them even without tobacco, but I can say that it taste good burns clean and has a great room note.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
1Q and MacB Vanilla Cream. But I think she might also like Petersons Luxury Blend (it is a favorite of my wife - the blend that got me back into the house).

w1nd0wl1cker

Might Stick Around
Apr 4, 2011
Not a fan of vanilla myself, but I have a friend who loves it. He says Boswells Vinalla Cream is great.

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
if you want just a vanilla smell then plantas danish black vanilla will do. its nothing special, not bad and you could suffer smoking it daily. But if you want a little complexity then petersons gold blend with its honeys, vanilla scents will interest you, since the taste of it has many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.