PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Hello, my name is Judd and I am a pipeaholic. I like short ones, long ones, smooth ones and rustic. I like cheap ones, mid price ones and one day I will own an expensive one. I will smoke and kind of tobacco at least once. I enjoy reading what other pipeaholics post on this forum and I think I have found a new place to hang out. Happy puffing to all.....

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Welcome, Judd!
Unfortunately, this forum is only going to enable your addiction. ;)
Seriously, though, there is a ton of information and helpful opinion in the forum archives here, along with lots of articles and reviews on pipes, tobaccos, and everything associated with pipes and tobacco. So I'd encourage you to really dig in and explore.
I'll also recommend that you listen to the 60+ archived "Pipes Magazine Radio Show" podcasts that are here. The "show" is live, via the Internet, every Thursday night at 8:00 (Eastern Time, in the US), but episodes are available for streaming by Friday morning. For me, the show was an acquired taste -- it's presented much more like an old-fashioned radio show than a modern-day podcast -- but now I'm a fan.
Bob

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Welcome aboard! Bob is very correct in that we are a serious group of enablers here. Look forward to your future posts.
Brian

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Welcome! As you've already been warned, this is not the place to hang out if you have any intention of controlling your addiction to pipes and tobaccos :D

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Welcome to the crowd, Judd. We're glad to have you as one of us. Spend lots of time reading the different posts throughout the forum – not only will you learn a great deal about the hobby, you'll be spending money on the faster than you ever dreamed possible. :)

lurch76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2013
Your introduction describes just about everybody on the forum, including myself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome, New Member. I have four pipe racks, one I inherited that holds ten; two my wife gave me custom-made,

that hold twelve and 42 respectively; and an overflow rack that hold's 18. I haven't filled them. So you see the problem.

Though there are many excellent pipes at low to mid price levels, I recommend you hold yourself to as high a level as

you can afford, and save up, to keep your number of pipes within reason. Once they start coming in the widows and up

the back stairs, there's no stopping them. And the tobacco -- let's not talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.