I May Have Bought A Fake Mophie Case for My iPhone. What do?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
While at the WVU vs. OSU game last Saturday my phone was nearly dead at halftime. I missed a lot of photo/video ops of a stunning game. I can't stand the poor battery life on an iPhone 4S. It will last a half a day at most. I decided to purchase a Mophie Juice Pack Plus case to extend the battery life. While waiting for my eBay seller to ship my purple case I did some research and looking at his feedback(some negatives came in after I paid for the item), I came to realize that there are a lot of fake Mophie cases out there. The purple(my favorite color) one was a limited edition and no longer for sale from authorized dealers. I will get my money back if it is a fake.
I am holding off for the iPhone 6 before I upgrade my phone. I have the white iPhone 4S model. At&t has the black case with yellow band on sale for $69.99 and Best Buy has the white one with grey band on sale for $84.99. It is a superficial cosmetic decision but I am torn as both of these are not my first choice. What would you do if you were in my shoes(besides researching for possible fakes of a product I am interested in)? Thanks for the opinions.
https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessory.batteries-mophie-juice-pack-plus-yellow-charging-case-iphone-4-sku5430273.html#fbid=6Iec38nzE8o

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/juice-pack-plus-charging-case-for-apple-174-iphone-174-4-and-4s/5021617.p?id=1218597396722&skuId=5021617&st=mophie%20juice%20pack%20plus&cp=1&lp=2

Here was my first choice. I am having doubts my seller is offering an authentic product though, and the fakes, well are fakes which don't fit well, break easily, and I fear my phone may be damaged by using it if it ever does arrive. I hate sellers that don't answer their mail in a timely fashion. Urrgh :(

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I would buy the which ever one is closest to the one you want, in this case the black with yellow. Then buy a can of automotive paint or boat paint in the color of your liking, tape off what shouldn't be painted and paint the rest. Not real hard.
If you are looking to actually buy one in your color choice, eBay is def not the place to do it. I have a "Bill Me Later" account through eBay and I tried to buy a case for my tablet. eBay would not allow the transaction because they did not trust the vendor with their money. The only way they would allow the purchase was if I used my bank account through PayPal. So I passed. Amazon would be a good place to try.
Hope I helped. I can understand the thought process you are going through. I do the same on anything electronic related.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Wow I can't read, I thought you said you bought a fake morphine case, I was very confused.

~Ron

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Does the seller have good feedback and does he have a lot of auctions for that same device?
He has a rating of 106 but that has been dwindling since my purchase. He scored a negative for a fake today as well as a negative for not responding to eBay messages. When I purchased the item, he had 100% positive feedback so I didn't look at the details of his rating. His total shows 3 neutrals for fakes and one negative today claiming a fake product. Has only been a member since Feb 2013 and strangely enough, he now has no items for sale. He had a lot of phone cases on eBay when I purchased mine the beginning of the week.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Yeah then I'd start worrying.

Looks like amazon has the yellow one for 86 so they are at a premium:

http://www.amazon.com/Mophie-Rechargeable-Battery-iPhone-Packaging/dp/B004GGU8VA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1380944854&sr=8-16&keywords=Mophie+Juice+Pack+Plus
Oh - and if you're looking for a bad-ass charge cable - www.yourteamcables.com/wp

Aug 1, 2012
That doesn't sound good. I hope it's real and you don't have to go through the buyer protection. If it does turn out to be fake, I would be torn. I like the look of the white and grey but the price difference is a tin of tobacco. Either way, let us know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.