PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
A goblin problem, that is. On the other had, I've always wanted a castle in the center of a maze. I've been enjoying my other so much, I just had to pull the trigger on this one. I love that it's a straight that doesn't look like one and that Trever went a bit wild with the carving.

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/goblins-catalog/1406g.shtml

Dec 24, 2012
Hah hah, that is fantastic. You know, I was looking at this one as well since I was on my computer when it came out. I almost pulled the trigger, but then I though to myself, "I already have one Talbert Goblin - do I really need another?". So I didn't bite. I am glad you did though. Very cool.

Dec 24, 2012
I was also trying to figure out what the weight of that bad boy is. It looks very heavy, but am I missing something, or does Trevor not post dimensions and weight for these things? It sure looks like a hefty hunk of briar. You may need a neck brace.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I bought that pipe, I'd have a solemn vow to smoke it in front of others -- pipe club, pipe show, or just

on the street. I don't see the point if I didn't have an audience. But it has a magnificent one-of-a-kind

showmanship that is first rate. I'd want to put on a tuxedo to smoke that one.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
does Trevor not post dimensions and weight for these

14cm long and 6cm tall but no weight. My Galerina is actually light for it's size but I've never weighed it. I'm not a clencher though, especially with the bowl sizes on these.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Holy shitballs, that pipe is glorious and majestic! Great score and congrats on that stunner, brother. Enjoy it and happy puffing!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Kind of like painting your Lamborghini bright yellow.

Everyone know yellow is a factory Lambo color, they look brilliant in it. :wink: I don't know but this angle sound like not putting art on your walls unless company is coming over. My pipes are enjoyed by my own eye, so no one else's approval need be involved. Trever's aesthetic does not catch my eye from shock value but for it's quality and allusion. Smoking my Galerina and watching the ember glow from inside the crags and tunnels of the plateau puts me in the mood of a great fantasy book. Soon I will be smoking my Hodgeson while reading some Hodgeson under dim lighting. I also appreciate a restrained and understated classic but enjoy the opposite end of the spectrum just as much. I also know this type of pipe is not for everyone. From Americana to smooth Dutch minimalism, everything is designed so go for what makes you happy.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I should admit, the thought of smoking it in costume on Halloween does bring a smile to my face. I just usually don't have an audience outside my wife or the dog. I would really like a nicely carved Meer but the timing of the right pipe, speed of sale and available funds just hasn't happened yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.