PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
...if I decide to beat my son today. Last night he had a sleep over and he and his friend took the high powered air rifle and shot the basement door 20 or 30 times. It's a metal door with a solid wood core and even at low power, this thing was denting the outside of the door after shooting through the inside and the core. I may have to kill him so you guys will have to send me pipes and tobacco to the big house.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Use a rubber hose, it won't leave marks and the welts go down in minutes. On the head, use a bar of soap in a sock, hurts like hell and the soap dents so again no marks. When he calls the police, just act dumb and say it was just one of his distorted dreams, he is a little touched you know.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
How do you plan on teaching him the danger of firearms? People use them to kill things. I carry a gun everywhere so I'm not some firearms hater, but holy crap. I'm happy that your son and his friend are OK, but they both need a serious lesson. A richochet or a wrong move and you can be dead quick. Those little tiny bullets can go a long way through a body.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Oh man what bone heads! Back when I was more of a bone head in my teens. I shot out a neighbors window with a BB gun. Got my ass whipped for that one. I shot just about every thing in the back yard, Moms pink flamingos also. That did not go over so well. :) I also threw a party when she was gone and we played a game of quarters on her brand new kitchen table. there were little dings all over it from bouncing quarters into the beer glass. Nothing like being hung over and grounded at the same time!
A friend told me once these times are for learning. Both parents and kids alike. You got to learn to lock up the air gun. Your son gets to learn how serious his pissed off dad can be! Some day you both will look back on this and have a laugh. Some day a long time from now when his kid pulls some bone head move and you can say, "Remember when"

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Payback for the pranks we pulled as kids, some our parents knew about, some they will never know!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Kids will be kids. If it's not locked up and kept safe, then it's not 100% their fault. You should start by teaching them about gun safety and dangers. How to treat a weapon, loaded or not. Physical beating never worked for me, and actually made me lose respect for my parents. I see why they did it, but that's the easy way out to punish kids. They need to learn what they learned was wrong and why. If you really want them to learn their lesson , teach them right. Beating a child never works.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
i grew up with a gun in my hand. pellet gun at 5yrs 22 cal at 11 yrs and everything else. I still have several pellets in me and was shot @ 14 yrs of age with a 22 cal. I have raised 2 children who r now moved out an while they were growing up i often wondered if i was that dumb as a teen. I guess,looking back, i was prob even dumber but i thought at that age that i knew everything!!!!! And that adults were dumb. I guess as a parent, we will do what we will do with our kids but always remembering that they r kids, and eventually, hopefully, their brain will catch up to their bodies. Thank God no one was hurt!!!!!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Kids will be kids, and that's why I agree with Rhogg ...
Teaching them how to use any firearm safely and then giving them a safe place to use them, that's the best idea.
My Dad God rest his soul was diligent about teaching me how to fire rifles, shotguns and handguns safely, and occasionally, we went out shooting and had a good time.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
And here I was thinking that the kid was pretty smart. He figured out that if they were going to shoot indoors, It better be at a door with a steel skin. My kid shot the glass out of my antique schoolhouse clock! YOur kid seems smarter and less angry than mine was!

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I decided not to kill him. He has market value working in a Nike factory in the Philippines so I will be sending him over there and taking the proceeds to fix the door.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
Car windows are expensive ask my son who shot out my side window with his compound bow,a good asskicking is all it took to cure him.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Well, he now gets to work to buy a new door ($350?) then he gets to learn how to hang a door.
So that's the silver lining.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
haha thats a whole lot cheaper than what i had to pay for when i was younger.....

ricochet of the bb off of a tree hit my friend in the eye....

all of us out there had to help his family with the medical bills. luckily he can still see fine out of that eye, but it could have been a lot worse

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I spent 12 years as a prison chaplain and, while the experience of incarceration surely has its complications, most facilities still allow smoking. I've known several inmates who actually enjoyed their pipes while on free time in the prison yard. That said, do what you must, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.