PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
My wife volunteers at a Country Nurseing home.They are for the most poor people who have no family or family that doesn't want them. They are having a King and Queen contest tonight , my wife has spent 2 weeks picking up nice clothes at Goodwill, Christian thrift stores , sewing some, repairing some, and coming out of her pocket, really mine but I don't care, it's for a good cause. She bursts in the house just now and out of breath says, Geraldine decided to enter and she doesn't have any clothes, I"m gonna look in my closet, I hear clothes being strung sideways on racks, she emerges arms full, apologieing that she will be late. I wave her off with a Go Get em , knowing she loves dressing those old people and giving them a taste of happiness, I know, we were both raised poor, know what it's like not to have and love her for her humanity. Damn I"m proud of her.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Glad to hear you got a good one. I've got a good one too. I got a good dog too. The best thing about her is that she doesn't bark, doesn't ask me questions, and doesn't snore at night. I love my dog. Oh, my wife too.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Those kind of people still exist huh? Tell her what you told us please. That will make her happy. You are a lucky man Brad.

fasthound

Lurker
Feb 14, 2016
I believe that those of us who are blessed are prevailed upon by an inner spirit to spread those blessings around and the more we do, the more we are blessed. Some people may look at me funny when I say that, but that is what I think. It sounds like you have a good woman who knows what it means to give unselfishly, so take good care of her.
Tex

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for sharing Bradley, stuff like this warms the heart. My wife spends a lot of time at the nursing home too. It is a great place to go and love on people. And many have no family so they are always so thankful for a visitor even from complete strangers.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
She didn't place but wife said she was so happy being on the boardwalk, guess that's what it's all about, my old 85 yr old Buddy came in 2nd. Happy People all around .

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a blast for the residents, to get to strut their stuff, as it were, for an evening. Clearly a wonderful time for your wife, and a pleasure for you to watch from a safe distance. The idea that older people with sometimes limited mobility are just in storage for the duration is ridiculous. Social events and activities are as valued by them as they are by high school kids or any of the rest of the population.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
Our world could use a few more like her. Nice stories inspire us all to be better folk

Aug 14, 2012
I retract the statement about my wife. We had had a bit of a problem, which has been solved. She is a VERY good woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.