I Managed To Squeeze One More TAD Into January!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image186-600x345.jpg

All but the HH Highland Blend are "new to me" blends. I'm still diving deeper into Va's, and sincei finally found a Va/Per I like in Dunhill's Deluxe Navy Rolls, I figured I'd try a few more.
So here's what I got;
1x 100gr Mac Baren 7 Seas Black

1x 100gr Mac Baren HH Highland Blend

1x 100gr Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique

1x 100gr Mac Baren Mixture Flake

1x 50gr Mac Baren Virginia Flake

2x 50gr Orlik Golden Sliced

2x 50gr Escudo Navy De Luxe

1x 100gr Comoy's Cask #7

1x 50gr Capstan Blue Flake

1x 50gr Bell's Three Nuns
I've also got at least 1, maybe 2 tubs of Sugar Barrel coming my way from my local B&M. It'll just depend on what Melvin can get ahold of.
All in all I think this should be a pretty good variety of blends, and should keep me busy for a while!

Any and all thoughts on these blends are appreciated. As I said, most all of these are new to me.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Nice order! Only one of those I've tried is Escudo and it is fantastic (I hear it's really similar to the Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls). I've got a tin of Capstan Blue Flake in the cellar but haven't cracked it open yet. The Orlik Golden Slice and Three Nuns are both on my list as well!

h2odave

Lurker
Jan 15, 2014
Nice. I just started with the pipe in early December. Already had 3(well maybe the first one doesn't count) TAD purchases in January. Although with weather delaying my shipment the final one will not technically arrive till February. Love this hobby/habit so far. Really enjoy this forum.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Nice haul Pete, I am a big fan of the MacBaren HH Acadian Perique. It offer's a tremendous, full bodied, natural tobacco flavour. Great cold weather smoke!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks guys! I'm trying to expand my horizons and build my cellar at the same time, it's taking quite a toll on my wallet, lol! In the month of January I've purchased/received approximately $450 worth of tobacco, more than I've ever spent in one month!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've already tried both the Orlik Golden Sliced and the Comoy's Cask No. 7, I'm berry impressed with both! The OGS is very hay-like with the Perique being barely perceptible, very good smoke! The Perique shows through more so in the Comoy's, it has a very nice stewed fruit flavor throughout most of the bowl, the black cavendish adds little bursts of flavor from time to time, and the Va is very nice! This blend really starts to come alive towards the middle of the bowl, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm sure I'll be buying more of this one, I highly recommend it!

Status
Not open for further replies.