PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
From smokingpipes.com
In Douglas Adams' famously absurd The Restaurant at the End of the Universe we find several unlikely characters making off with the personal space-Mercedes of an infamously loud musician, who happened to be spending a year dead "for tax purposes". That spaceship was describe as, above all else, black. So it also is with this Mojo-series take on the classic Poker. It is black, and I do not just mean it is the color we all know and love as black; it is black in much the same sense that a tree is wooden. One area where it does differ from Hotblack Desiato's luxurious, pilfered hot-rod, however, is that while the Mojo finish is quite sleek in texture, it does also possess a subtle grip to it, making for a singular feel in hand.
All of this comes to you with its own pipe case, and absolutely no need to travel to the restaurant at of the end of the universe, place a babelfish in your ear, or have your planet destroyed to make way for an inter-galactic bypass.
-Eric N. Squires
Stanwell: Mojo (245)
002-034-6890.jpg

Pure awesomeness. And I kinda dig the pipe too. Different...

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
There's something about it that's so black, like how much more black could it be, and the answer is... none

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Thats pretty interesting, some one was having a good time writing that I imagine, neat pipe too, to me however, not worth the price tag, I like grain

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
My local B&M got one of these in. Personally I'd rather look at mediocre grain than flat black.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Fan girl and Pipe Babe, you're not obligated to like it; Eric was having fun. It fascinates me how he can write an accurate and different review of any pipe! I get the Thompson cigar catalog for one reason: they can write a different review of each and every cigar they have, I don't know how they do it, they all look like cigars to me. You and I just have no defense to being Geeksploited, it's why we love thinkgeek.com.
I want the tie that's covered in 1s and 0s, and in binary says, Ties Suck. Or the welcome mat that says: There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1. One of the best $50 dollars I ever spent was the electric shock remote control tanks. We'd use them to welcome new techs when we finally accepted them. We'd tell them, if you put it on '2' the tanks go faster. NOTE: '2' did not make them go faster ;)
PS I kinda like the pipe; it's got sort of an understated attitude. Not a fan of solid colours either, but I kinda like that one.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I like the build up in the description I do not like the pipe. I don't like any solid color pipes though, including the Dress Dunhills. Just not my thing.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
I think the members of Spinal Tap have some commentary to offer on this pipe, as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqAamL9xls

Status
Not open for further replies.