I Love the Shape of This Pipe, But......

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Chacom Pipes
New Cigars
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
How the **** would you light it without scorching the rim?
s-l1600_zpstuijspna.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Isn't that Darth Vader's hand? I think you could light the pipe very carefully, if you were steady, with a match. Many artisan pipes have that aspect. Do you really want to char the brim of a $700 pipe? Or $1,700, or whatever. That's when an old Kaywoodie Drinkless or MM cob looks quite nice. Sneezes or tremors be damned.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I don't think that you are actually supposed to smoke that pipe.
Funny but not: You're probably right that's what the maker had in mind, but the guys who INVENTED the free-form Scandinavian breakaway movement in the 60's and 70's---up through to today's still-living masters like Teddy---would probably want to smack him upside the head (to use a Southernism) for such a thing.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Why in the hell would I want to ruin a piece of art by hanging it out of my ugly mug? I'll buy art for the walls and stick with something more prosaic for smoking out of.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
You may need one of those new fangled arc lighters or the force. Pretty pipe though.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That ebay seller is one of the biggest jokes on there. I have seen his pipes sitting month after month, year after year. He is trying to sell Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne pipes that retail for 150.00 or so for 300.00.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
That ebay seller is one of the biggest jokes on there. I have seen his pipes sitting month after month, year after year. He is trying to sell Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne pipes that retail for 150.00 or so for 300.00.
Yeah, it's not like I'd ever buy something like that - unless maybe I won the lottery. Hell, I'm still feeling guilty about the $150 I paid for my Moretti last month. Although, I have to confess that I fell a little less guilty every time I smoke it :puffy:

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
I'd be more concerned about how nasty that bowel coating would taste.
I have that same coating on a Winslow I bought last month. It's basically just a carbon pre-coat. It didn't affect the taste and seems to have significantly shortened the break-in period.

Jan 8, 2013
Heck, I'd smoke it! That is if I could afford, or justify spending that much on a pipe. My philosophy... if it wasn't meant to be smoked, it wouldn't have two holes drilled into it. I would only use matches with that pipe though.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Doesn'r a appear to be a very large pipe unless the gloved hand is very large. Just fill the pipe to the level point and but a flame to it. Yeah, there's a large portion showing but that's how it goes. I wouldn't buy or smoke such a thing.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
That ebay seller is one of the biggest jokes on there. I have seen his pipes sitting month after month, year after year.
Harris, I was going to say the same thing if you hadn't. Some cool pieces but marking up pipes by carvers who still live and breath, and most of which would do a commission for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.