PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
I love meerschaums and I don't mind saying it! This post was shamelessly inspired by torben and his corn cob loving cobsters (and no, I'm not bashing corn cob pipes). While reading old and new forum topics, I notice other fellow puffers making comments like, now that they've tried meerschaum pipes they're beginning to ignore their briar pipes.
We all know how this story goes; a Brother of Briar becomes a Slave of the White Goddess. Well my case is a little different, because I began my puffing journey smoking meerschaum pipes long before even trying briar, clay, cob pipes, etc. Simply put, I just don't see any other type of pipe that is capable freeing me from my servitude of the White Goddess. I am always amazed at the cool, dry smoke provided by meerschaum pipes with practically no ghosting between different tobaccos. Plus, not having to worry about bacco juice is a definite given. The added patina over time is also a beautiful bonus that is greatly appreciated. The different shades of black, brown, cherry, gold, maple, and peach show the progress/characteristics of my personal puffing journey.
I thank thee for all your blessings my White Goddess!

buzzbegone

Lurker
Sep 28, 2013
I only have pics of these two; I recently made a photobucket account so I could be able to post pics here, but I haven't transfered all my pics to photobucket yet.
My everyday smoke; Altinok Apple Spigot

The newest addition to my Meer Family; Fikri Baki Bell

The Baki Bell no longer looks like that and has developed pink and tan cherry blossom patterns. I plan to take another pic of it when the colors darken a little more.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Nice Meers, I have an aversion to meers since I usually do my smoking outside and I am not the most stable I can see that ending very poorly.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.