I like latakia, Can I re blend any tobacco with latakia?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bijimangga

Lurker
Oct 24, 2018
Hi Guys'
Sorry for more dumb question in the forum and poor English :D
Currently i buying several tin of tobacco, like Dunhill Elizabethan, EMP and i dont like it. The first tobacco that i smoke was C&D Pirate Kake, and because of that i cannot escape from latakia.
So i think is waste to see my Dunhill Elizabethan and EMP sitting on the draw and i think is it possible to re blend with Pirate Kake?
Jone

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Give each blend a chance. If you don't like it for the moment, put it in a jar for a later date. You'd be surprised how tastes change over time. Some tobacco blends I thought were disgusting became favorites a couple of years later, ie, Peterson Irish Oak.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Yes. In fact Tabak aus Kiel sells pure tobacco with this in mind. You can get pure Latakia to mix (or Virginia or Perique or Orient or Burley etc). TAK "pure tobacco"

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
I will also give the advice that taste usualy changes over time but it's perfectly fine to mix in different blends if you need a bit more/less power.

bijimangga

Lurker
Oct 24, 2018
Thanks for the advice guys, i think i will cellar the tobacco that i not like and from several month or year i will try to smoke and review it again

bijimangga

Lurker
Oct 24, 2018
@jpmcwjr
I live in Indonesia and actually one of the country that produce tobacco but i rarely find a good local blend. So most import tobacco and the price quite expensive 3 times of the price in US or EU.

Nov 21, 2016
Latakia good, more is not always better.

That being said, get a quality jar of straight Lat and add a pinch or two

When you’re in the mood and see how it works for you.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I was able to get 2 lb of McClelland blending Lat from my local B&M and plan to do just that sort of experimentation!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My suggestion would be to mix a bowl or two at a time, but keep the two blends separately. You may pick up a third blend or condiment and try that with either or both as well. Keep your options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.