PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
Wow, anarchisthermit! Those cobs are beautiful! This is inspiring! I'm going to start doing this to my cobs. Is this just by allowing dirt from your hands to stain the cobs? Looks like you've got a lot of vulcanite stems on those. Are they forever stems from Walker Briar Works?

Those don't look like they've been smoked recently. The wear on the stems looks like they've had enough time to patina over with oxidation. Is this just a display of yours? If not, I bet that white oxidation on the stems tastes nasty. I had an old Grabow passed down to me that had white oxides on it like that. It tasted like machine grease and rotten egg.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I usually smoke my cobs when I working in my wood shop or cutting the grass something like that. Mine aren't that colored..

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Looks like ya got all wood bottomed MM's. Only two original stems? I see Diplomat, Danish spool & Egg, General, Patriot represented. Nice lot of smokers right there!

anarchisthermit

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2015
There are no original stems or shanks. They all came from DGE Handmade Pipes.I think he has upgraded to a higher grade of vulcanite.

Status
Not open for further replies.