PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Once I discovered that tobaccocellar.com provides an easy backup backup of data, I decided to populate the database. I'm maybe 60% to 70% complete. Thus far I've documened 78 containers representing a dozen blenders, and 15 pounds of tobacco.
I thought I was well rounded and had smoked a lot of blends but when compared against what is availble on the market, I've probably tasted less than 1% of what is currently on the market.
I have somewhere between 15 and 20 pounds of leaf. That is nothing. Bob. R. is two pounds away from cellaring half a ton of tobacco. Our friend Peckinpah is heading towares 700 lbs. It takes over 130 llbs justt to break into the top 10 on tobacco cellar.
As Schultz said, I know nothing.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I want to give BobR two pounds to get him to 1,000 pounds. Being OCD/neurotic, seeing him at 998 pounds bugs me. Also, I only buy a couple three of the "top" cellar blends. I am not in-sync with the members there.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
My cellar is very broad but not deep. I have dozens of tins of different blends but most are singles. I have a few multiple where I have a pound or more: Penzance, Escudo, Quiet Nights. I have found very few blends that I like well enough to buy by the pound. I have a half pound of a few blends.
Basically, when I get near to pulling the trigger on a pound or more of a blend, I end up buying variety instead.
See you at the crawl, Jack.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I prefer to look at this in a different way which makes my stash seem far more impressive. My "cellar" contains around 22,600 grams of tobacco :)

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Or perhaps you know something that these titans of stockpiling don't.
These guys are more likely to croak out long before they smoke 10% their holdings. And once they fallen off the twig the precious contents will be filling dumpsters a day or two later.
Or maybe they're planning on a second career, selling aged blends at super high prices. Which might be a plan, assuming that no new restrictions are in place n that unknown future that would make such an activity more of a "forgetabadit".
Or, maybe they just like to dance naked around their piles of tins and bags of weed, or roll around in it. It's a pretty twisted world out there.
And what do you want to bet the the really serious stockpilers, 2-20 tons, aren't on a publicly viewed site of any sort?
Glorior redundo. Glora in excessu.

Mar 1, 2014
I've actually seen people try to sink a boat with fire once. Maybe the fiberglass hull was part of the problem but unless you have a mechanism in place to specifically sink the boat, someone is probably going to find a charred body in a dirty boat the next day.

And that was a bonfire on a boat, not just some pile of smoldering leaves.
Thermite, and tie the body to the boat. You probably want a two or three hour fuse leading to thermite (and double or triple redundancy).

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A new peak in littering! It seems very romantic, in that old Norse kind of way.
My tobaccos and pipes will find new and happy homes after I meet my maker, or simply cease existing, whatever one's preference is for after life or not after life.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Aside from ocd, there is a pragmatic aspect of maintaining an inventory whether on a spreadsheet or tobaccocellar.com. I found myself more than once ordering blends that I had forgotten was already in my stash.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Holy shit... you mean to tell me that someone actually has more tobacco stored than Peck!! The gauntlet has been thrown down Peck and time for you to step up to the plate and not let someone else make you look like a pussy!
Hell, I could probably keep track of what I have by writing it down on the back of my hand with a fine point Sharpie.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Holy shit... you mean to tell me that someone actually has more tobacco stored than Peck!! The gauntlet has been thrown down Peck and time for you to step up to the plate and not let someone else make you look like a pussy!
Yep...looks like Peck is small potatoes now!! :nana:

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Well, at least this has helped me clarify my goals. I smoke about two ounces a week or about 6 pounds a year. Based on this, God willing I live long enough, I would like to stash pounds a year. After five years, I can begin smoking blends that are at least five years old and I'll have a 5 year supply on hand. I might shoot for 60 pounds, giving me a ten year supply. At my age, I don't want to presume much more.
I'm accelerating the program a bit by buying aged tobacco when I can afford it.
Pax

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have a very similar 5 year plan. At that time, I will have a lifetime supply and will add a couple few tins a month thereafter just in case I live past 90. That way everything that gets smoked is aged at the end/beginning of the five year plan.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Weird. I just like the feeling of going into an out-of-the-way room and seeing all the options and old friends. Like a bookshelf full of classics, or a rifle cabinet with favorites, or even a card of well-loved fishing lures. Options and stalwarts.

Dec 24, 2012
I am so glad there are others out there with more cellared away than me; makes me feel like a moderate.
That dude must really love Davidoff Flake Medallions.

Status
Not open for further replies.