I know I Posted This Before - But Going On 7 Months Of Winter...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I'm sure summer will come, wait, that's what we had a month ago when the temperatures momentarily went above 0C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
And that's precisely why I waxed the car, got my personal hygiene products and got some sunbathing in during that +5 degree heat wave in February :rofl:
Trout season opens in 21 days over here and the way its looking right now I'll need an ice auger to cast a fly into something that isn't frozen over :crying:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well, last night I slept with the widnows opened, but didn't have the a/c turned on.

I got away w/o a/c till about a half hour ago, and just now turned it to 78, just to keep the moisture out of the air.

Once we hit the full on 80's it's only a matter of time before the real heat sets in for its 4 month stay.

By 'real heat' I'm talking days in the mid to high 90's and night's in the 80's.

I am always very happy to hear that there is still cold air around on our planet.

Seems like my first 25 years or so, we had a kind of regularity in the seasons that has disappeared into chaotic turbulence and increasing usage of the word; biblical.

It's starting to give me nightmares.

For instance, only last night, I dreamed that I was caught up in a destructive vortex of orange fibers that smelled like hair spray. I had the windows opened.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Untypical colder day in central Texas today. Currently 43.
I don't mind. Soon, it will be fuckin' hot (an official weather term around here) for months on end.
Good day for a movie and some hot tea. And, of course, a pipe! :puffy:
jay-roger.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I worry about us getting the moon too heavy and causing it to change the dynamic of gravity.

I worry that I don't really know anything.

I worry that I worry too much.

Thank GOD, or ALLAH, or YAWEY, or Gaia, or Bhudda, that I have my pipe and some tobacco to help me try and relax, and just think about keeping my pipe lit and how good it tastes.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now.

I really don't know clouds, at all.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I worry about my electric blanket puking out on me before it's warm enough to sit in the garage and smoke without it.

Probably some time in July.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
I've lived most of my life near the Pacific Ocean in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. From mid-October to April we tend to have rainy, drizzling weather, seldom freezing, but always with high humidity levels courtesy of the proximity to the sea. Usually the summers and early fall are beautiful. But I am starting to tire of the damp and cool weather that typifies the Pacific Rainforest for most of year.
Except during the summer, I want more sunlight but with cool temperatures -- perhaps upon retirement I will look to relocate to the interior of BC where I can fly fish with very close access and try for trout to my heart's content while sipping my pipes.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
It’s been a long winter this year, 12 hour car journey in the snow. Can’t wait for Summer to come!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Thad been cold here, 50 degrees, but the last tends have been sunny and 60. It doesn't often get Texas hot here, but summer is plenty hot here.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I am always very happy to hear that there is still cold air around on our planet.
That's easy to say @ 78 degrees! Come on global warming, I'm rootin for ya...

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Just in case some of you are confused between C and F temps and just how hardy we Canadians are...
a85N86iZN005HjC680C4IJ3FOTmFwdLzyUrMsBt5Ao9xW7fIcrdyNUmdZiMCAxg4W-XJRrPXZoUEzDzJLUqC_Ghpf-AxI_d_6PkeaETFcxMr7_9u7onIMi7y57S9ohuxYC8-Q6gu0zgvM9b0tVqA-MQhw-dznSAeQ_MnUL5ikRU0XxOyAjb5UjeaxtLdqIxD-Bse82Jb0LsWAk8DSkjA4pqLlm4wERv7vdWockDE3fr8gK6pbWsDo_aoQ9QkdclpFhTP3-H_jPhLPvmYoGgt1fBqmhx8uyPZBxmYov86NsEp50qZ3-So5CAroIWC8h6wG53a0Xlt6b0NwCFd5imAAC_ynVdTnsPbHaGqaSLCGMDbJMZ45EtuC_uTXEij_0BFxzX016jJwlImac4axQPRraOTychcGsanQNqzlYytVFaUmDo16e_bBWDs0KO-8rxgcFHUbXzgtBij5jSBJjXYOKRRXWZ8DiuuF2vpwtFM8JGc_Stb_jjYHKnVgOkU5PB5q2GZuYER30wJ5GsYTKGMHLuPtcKOKdXt3BaKDGRsAmhGF8wvmyT5jcG3m1gc9hJ1vCk4CKm7hYCUSr_bJnkYE1dVhomKnvWtu3CT4kQ=w582-h590-no

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
"Real spring" seems to have sprung here in Auld Reekie (Edinburgh, Scotland), after a colder than usual winter. It is sunny outside, with a predicted high of 12 Celsius and a SW breeze of only 7 knots. So, I'm hoping to enjoy my first proper smoke outside whilst supervising the missus in her gardening!!
But never, ever should visitors expect to experience good weather here. Last summer we had a garden BBQ only once. And few are aware that since the Met Office records began the highest monthly average rainfalls (by a wide margin) are in July and August - peak tourist season. The best chance of pleasant dry weather would be in late May or early October.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Daylight savings time and an overnight freeze is an interesting combination.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
We had about 3cm's (1.25") of snow last night and it is still snowing, albeit lightly. Calgary and southern Alberta were under a heavy snowfall warning yesterday but it has ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.