Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
50/50 Walnut and Lanes 1-Q makes a very nice, relaxing smoke. Burns all the way down to 1/4 of the bowl on just one light after the char light. No heat, no bite, no goopyness in the bowl. You still have the 1-Q room note and it is Wife approved. Best of all is 4oz of 1-Q and 4oz of Walnut is 8oz for under $25.00. My old stand-by was the Light Blue Drum which is 22.00 for a 50g pouch. So counting shipping of $14.00 from 4noggins the total is $39.00 for the equivelant of $88.00 worth of Drum. I think I am happy.

Jul 15, 2011
Sounds like a tasty smoke. I loves me some 1Q but I have yet to try Walnut. Gonna have to give that one a try sometime.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Walnut is a pleasant smoke. I enjoyed the 2 ounces I got earlier this year,and intend to pick up a canister sometime. I have been enjoying smoking some of the blends with just a whiff of latakia - Walnut, Sail Green, MacBaren Latakia.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Michael, do you mix it one bowl at a time or do you mix together several ounces at a time?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
@bulldog mick
As I wasn't sure what it would be like, I have been mixing just one bowl at a time. I didn't layer it as I usually do, I just put a pinch of each on the table and mixed it through. I tried several different blends this way; 1-Q and Kendals Kentucky was good, Walnut and Kendals Kentucky also good, but Walnut and 1-Q is just a perfect match. I am going to continue mixing one bowl at a time for a few more days and if I still like it, then I will just dump the 2 blends together in a container and shake-rattle-and roll it.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice nsfisher - I have been mixing Dunhill Early Morning pipe with various aros to good effect.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
It's great when you find a favorite tobacco. Mine is Altadis Blue Note, been smoking it for 6 years now.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Sounds like a good mix and the plus is they are great alone when you want to change up.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I am gonna have to give that a try sometime. I haven't tried either of those blends. Glad you found your "go to" smoke and at a significant savings to boot.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've never tried mixing Walnut with any aro but I do like to mix it with OTC burleys,especially PA. That's what is in my pouch now.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
Awesome! Right now my go to is Anniversary Kake. Im going to have to pick up some walnut though and try out your mix!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
...the search is never ending.

I'm glad you found a good "go-to" blend, but for me, I'm with maduroman on this one.
1-Q may be my favorite aromatic for the moment, but sometimes an aromatic just won't suffice. I might be in the mood for a Va/Per or a burley. Or sometimes only a bit of latakia will do.
My tastes are still changing, too. If I go back to a blend I haven't smoked for a few months, I know I will be able to taste more flavors than I could before. The experience will be different. I have to keep retrying things.
Also I know there are more blends out there than I have time to try in a lifetime and I don't want to leave any option unexplored. So I continue trying blends from all the different categories.
It's nice to have a couple of blends on hand that I know will treat me well. Still I am content to let the search continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.