Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:   

I just had to do it!

(5 posts)
  1. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have had a tin of Reiner light aromatic (green label) unopened in my pipe cabinet since 2000 I believe it came from Pipes and Pleasures based on the label on the underside. I have been lately completely unsatisfied with my aromatic blends. Tastes are changing I guess. I can only say wow its amazing what 12 years will do for a tobacco. The virginias and burleys have settled down very nicely and it gives a clean sweet smoke that almost makes me wish I had used my Meer to fully enjoy the moment. I sat on the fence along time before breaking the seal on this one but now am glad I did. I'm just sad that once its gone I can not get another tin to taste like this until 2023.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. johncorosz

Corosz

Login to Send PM

I can not get another tin to taste like this until 2023.

Fun to think about it like that. I plan to create a tobacco vault as time passes. Currently I have over 30 tins just waiting but they are no older than several months and a few about a year old. I placed them in plastic bags but the tins themselves are unopened. Might be fun to break them out on my 50th birthday, 11 years from now.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

whoa

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

whoa

+1

"Be seeing you"

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. johnny

johnny

Login to Send PM

Cool story, good to see your blend came out so well after some age. I have a couple tins that are about 6 years old. Gotta wait a few more years to try anything over ten years aged. Most of my cellar has 1-3 years on it but after some years I'll have some great tasting tobaccos. I guess the waiting part isn't fun but the end result is worth the wait

Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mikestanley, lawdawg, gatorlope, ravkesef, laniromee, nunnster, newportpipe, k9shag, ben88, pianopuffer, cowboythunder, krizzose, prairiedruid