PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
But first I bought what I could of what was left of the McClelland VA’s.

And then I bought some more Va’s and VaPer’s, I guess out of sadness that all the Mcclelland blends were gone

All I did was add stuff to the cellar that I can’t touch until 2020.

As a reward for finally hitting the brakes on my TAD, I got 2 pipes from Smoking Pipes.

1st is Briar Works bent pot, a red sandblast with a yellow saddle bit stem.

Then I bought a green Peterson bent Dublin.

First time for me for either pipe maker.

I’m afraid Missouri Meerschaum will think I’m cheating on them...I got a llottt of their cobs.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I assume that Peterson is a St. Patrick's Day pipe? The pot is really growing on me but I just bought a Dagner Double Doublin RC St. Patrick's Day pipe so I had better cool it for a while.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Gotta love the packages full of goodies when you get home. Cheers. Enjoy.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I did pick the Patrick's Day 2018 pipe, the (305) Fishtail to be exact.

I wanted to get the green spigot 05, but it didn’t have a saddle bit like the red and ebony versions of that pipe.

I still want a spigot, but the whole pipe needs to be right.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I'm a big fan of all the Briarworks and Petersons I've got in my rotation. I bet they'll be great smokers for you!
As far as the TAD, I completely understand. I've yet to find a true daily smoker out of the handful of new-to-me tobaccos I've picked up since the McClelland rumors started circulating. I've found a few decent smokes but nothing I'm itching to cellar large amounts of.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
Congrats on the haul.
Skydog, you checked out Ann. Kake, Virginia Spice or Louisiana Red? Anniversary with a few years has a great profile, not McC but it's tangy, sweet, spicy and the smoke is plentiful.

shanegreen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 17, 2018
I have been looking at the new additions of Briar works pipes, and they look nice. I would say the one you got was top on my list. You can't go wrong with a pete. My wife would kill me if I went on a spree like that. Haha. Cheers!

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
Skydog, you checked out Ann. Kake, Virginia Spice or Louisiana Red? Anniversary with a few years has a great profile, not McC but it's tangy, sweet, spicy and the smoke is plentiful.
Yep, I'd been stocking up on Anniversary Kake whenever it came in stock for a while before the McClelland rumors started and you're right that it's the closest I've found as a replacement for my daily red VA itch.
I enjoy VA Spice as well and have some cellared but I was kind of let down by Louisiana Red. Seemed like it was just Sutliff Red Virginia Ribbon with some light perique. Definitely an improvement and one I'd been thinking of doing with some of the Sutliff I have. Hopefully a little age will make it more interesting to me.
Definitely looking forward to some Anniversary Kake with a few years of age on it because it's very tasty fresh. Thanks for the thought!

curl

Apr 29, 2014
The BriarWorks bent pot arrived tonight, so I gave a test drive right away.

It’s going to be a good one.

Maybe I’m making better pipe choices now than when I started this hobby.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
BriarWorks included a sticker with the pipe.

Guess I’ll put it on the bumper of my truck.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Just opened a jar of Anniversary Cake from 2012. In fact I don't believe I have smoked any Anniversary Cake in at least 5 years. I enjoyed it immensely in a Savinelli Artisan. Looking forward to more today.

whiteburleydude

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2017
Enjoy. I did the same thing. Stocked some Mcclelland last week and bought a BC and a Vauen from tobaccopipes.com. Great website BTW. Free shipping no min.

Status
Not open for further replies.