PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
but Esoterica Margate is getting a big thumbs down from me so far.
My sense of smell isn't totally shot, either. I'm pretty sure it's just nasty stuff.
Not much flavor, and what I'm getting is just bitter with a bitter aftertaste. Blech.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Only thing to do is put in a jar and wait for your taste buds to change . Should be about every seven years .http://www.comfortkeepers.com/information-center/news-and-highlights/changes-taste-smell

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I heard that it takes 7 years for all the cells that are currently in your body to entirely recycle, so that makes sense somewhat.
It's probably just this damned painintheassitis that I've caught again.
2nd time this year I've been really sick. Sucks.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
It could be your sinuses, but now you have me curious. Does everything else taste normal to you?

If you're on Antibiotics, they can wreak havoc on your buds.
I have a tin, and an 8oz bag of Margate bought due to a deal too good to pass up. Perhaps it's time to open the tin and see how it is. I can say that I did pop open a tin of their "Pembroke" which is supposedly Margate topped with Cognac. It has been a while, but my memory says it had no flavor. I just didn't get it, but passed it off as something maybe other smokers with differant taste buds could enjoy.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Nope, no antibiotics and everything else tastes like it ought to.
This is now the second bowl ever I've only half finished before dumping. It was that bad.
I have no idea how old the stuff is, it came in a mason jar though from the forum member I bought it from.
Don't see how that could be the problem though, it was not dried out and it didn't appear to have gotten that way through added water.
I'm pretty stumped ... I hesitate to blame Esoterica Margate in general, but this jar isn't any good that's for sure.
Penzance is good, not my favorite english but it isn't even remotely like this stuff.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I like Pembroke, and Margate, but they are very different from Penzance. Not as earthy, more of a lighter touch in the blend. Not a favorite blend, but I often smoke Pembroke, Margate is not one I would seek out, it's not bad, just not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.