PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
This blend got some favorable mentions on this forum and the Tobaccoreviews.com reviews were all very favorable. I do like Balkans. I hope I like this blend.

Reactions: Dragonmaster

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
That's on my "to do" list. I've got some Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme. Apparently, it's a very similar mixture. I think you'll enjoy it!

pandapiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2018
original article on Balkan Supreme at P&C

The reason that it's not listed under Peter Stokkebye is that they make this for Arango. It's not distributed through the normal distribution channel for Stokkebye (Lane Limited), but exclusively through Arango, so it's technically not a Stokkebye blend.
Russ
This is what I'm working off. Stokkebye make the blend for Arango, I've seen it listed as a Stokkebye blend on some retailers sites, and Arango in others.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’m curious, how do you know this?
From Russ's explanation and by emailing the Scandanavian Tobacco Group. Fairly common knowledge and has been discussed on several forums for a few years now. Some places sell it as Arango, some as Stokkebye, and some as just Balkan Supreme. Mars Cigars sells it as Arango/Peter Stokkebye-Balkan Supreme. Seems to be the English equivalent of 1-Q with the name changes.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I also inquired here a few years back.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/would-the-real-balkan-supreme-please-stand-up

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Okay thanks. I’ve heard it mentioned before but I was just wondering if there was truth to it or if it was just a rumor. I’ve not had the PS version but the Arango BS is the best bulk Balkan I’ve had. It’s often sold out however.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I’ve not had the PS version but the Arango BS is the best bulk Balkan I’ve had. It’s often sold out however.
That's what's great about PS. Most don't make the connection or believe it and I've rarely seen the PS out of stock. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.