Status
Not open for further replies.

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Behold:
1. The name of the blend is Sixpence.

2. Hunter Pence plays for the San Francisco Giants.

3. The word "Hunter" has 6 letters.

4. The Giants just won their third World Series title in five years.

5. Greg Pease lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.

6. Greg Pease previously created Triple Play, another baseball-themed blend.
Ergo: Sixpence is really a tribute to the most colorful player on your world champion San Francisco Giants.
a90a42e89dce67d368c5edab3b89e2ab.jpg

Boom. QED.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
My theory is a little different: Sixpence was inspired by an ancient tin of Three Nuns.
Evidence:

1. A sixpence is a coin, which is a reference to the form of Three Nuns.

2. Virginia with a dash of perique and Kentucky.

3. An ineffable top note, which he has mentioned in the past with regard to Three Nuns.

4. Three Nuns is probably the non-latakia blend he has mentioned the most over the last fifteen years of online writing.
I hate the Giants.

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Eric, your so-called evidence is interesting and all, but I noticed a faux pas which I'd like to dwell upon momentarily. When you refer to the boys in Orange and Black, your friends from Northern California would be much obliged if you'd use their full and proper name, The World Champion San Francisco Giants, Dynasty of the Golden Gate, Destroyer of Detroit, Killer of Kansas City, Reavers of the Rangers, Keeper of the Cardinals' Kryptonite, and Dodgersbane.
kthxbai

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Baseball, you know... we took cricket and turned it into a sport.

And took three days of fun (yawn) and packed it into 3 hours, though perhaps we could civilize the game by serving tea and cucumber sandwiches during the seventh inning stretch :wink:

racerx

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2014
Southern California
I don't believe baseball derives from cricket. They are more like cousins, descendants from an earlier common ancestor game. Baseball is arguably more closely related to the English game of rounders than cricket.
Just sayin'.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The headline invites a joke about your two-bit theory, planetary, but actually I think it's a creative,

somewhat Rube Goldberg logic that almost tempts belief. Coincidence? I don't think so.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Isn't cricket the sport you play when your to small and fragile to play rugby? (Course the same can be said about baseball) :nana:

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
All you need to know is that it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye........then its hockey! As for "sports" there is Hockey and then there are pastimes. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.