PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kienphan

Lurker
Oct 22, 2018
Good day gentlemen,

I have a question about one of the pipe I recently got as a present.

Do you know which brand this is and which kind of tobacco/mixture would suit it?

Thank you very much

Have a nice smoke!

DFoXohH2hTFsxVxnvgTrYLeFjYuNmmfD-q4OGJmdCyZ6KQblytt7T9vD8fP2FAWhnnWs-pGFP444o_c69JZ9=w1366-h577-rw

nYADZDFNEf-Eh24UFLW7tSGxsG3NaRLP34ZNr-UjLDbIv8Jj_6FDY_h45sXuzzwysPJIx7Ri5kT1_El9dojB=w1366-h577-rw

kienphan

Lurker
Oct 22, 2018
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XfnBJcagZ4PDMmWEpz5xesYmWE99oI-/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jHHXlkc_lN2tWm61i-wKlqS4ncyzqEcH/view?usp=drivesdk

This is the google drive link if you cant see the picture.

Thank you

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome!
I can't make out a makers mark or anything, but it has a Danish feel to it to me. Looks very nice. If you are just starting out with pipe tobaccos, this is your opportunity to experiment. What part of the world are you in?
Is the trusty Carter Hall available there?

kienphan

Lurker
Oct 22, 2018
Thank you Mike Thompson,

I have been smoking for quite a while. I have tried it with EMP and it was very nice. Just wondering what brand this pipe is.

Im from Vietnam and there s no Carter Hall here.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
kienphan, I am not 100% sure, but the makers mark looks like Bertram Safferling.
Regards
Michael J. Glukler

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So what tobacco blends are available there? Are you able to order online or are customs an obstacle? Interesting pipe with the extra long diamond shank, a cross between a Canadian shape, a bulldog shank, and a Dublin bowl. Nothing like it on land or sea, but a pretty pipe. I think it would do well with most blends -- English, Balkan, Virginia with or without Perique, many burley blends, and so on. Tell us what you have, what you can get, and eventually how you like what you try.

kienphan

Lurker
Oct 22, 2018
Briarblues - it is from Safferling. Thank you very much.

Mso489 - pipe tobacco here is very easy to buy actually. However people here prefer dunhill's blends and they are more available. I usually smoke EMP and Presbyterian mixture.

I prefer a smooth and towards sweet side of flavour. Do you have any recommendation?

Thank you guys very much.

kienphan

Lurker
Oct 22, 2018
Briarblues - it is from Safferling. Thank you very much.

Mso489 - pipe tobacco here is very easy to buy actually. However people here prefer dunhill's blends and they are more available. I usually smoke EMP and Presbyterian mixture.

I prefer a smooth and towards sweet side of flavour. Do you have any recommendation?

Thank you guys very much.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Weird. All I can say is effin' Google. Some servers are more lenient than others! (I am away, on a hotel network)
The links in Javan's post both give me:

403. That’s an error.
Your client does not have permission to get URL /DFoXohH2hTFsxVxnvgTrYLeFjYuNmmfD-q4OGJmdCyZ6KQblytt7T9vD8fP2FAWhnnWs-pGFP444o_c69JZ9=w1366-h577-rw from this server. (Client IP address: 67.53.223.206)
Forbidden That’s all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.